2.5 Years update!!!**PICS** **PICS** **PICS**

LunadeMiel

It's been about 2.5 years since I did the BC so... I thought I'd do a quick update. For those who weren't here. This is a pic of the day I did my BC. The length of my hair ranged from 1-3". The back was the shortest. The day after my BC I went to have my hair shaped up. The second pic is the result. My hair was VERY short :ohwell

HairBC.jpg

IMG_0194-vi.jpg

6 months after BC (8/2008)
IMG_0057-vi.jpg

January 2009
IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Hair now, freshly washed.
SDC12455.jpg

I went to the salon and had them rollerset and then blow out my hair. Yes I had my hairdresser taking pics :look:
SDC12456.jpg

SDC12460.jpg

Finished product. My hands are where I would like to be in 2 years.DH gave me a 1” trim about 2 weeks ago. I think he did a good job :grin:
SDC12464.jpg

SDC12469.jpg

BSL. The upper curvature of my bra is about 1.5" below my shoulder blades
SDC12473.jpg

My regimen
SDC12436.jpg

• Wash with Hair Cleanser
  • Apply reconstructor (sit under the dryer for 15 mins)
  • Apply deep conditioner (sit under the dryer for 15 mins)
  • Apply leave in conditioner (Elasticity rebuilder)
  • After blow drying or flat ironing apply Hair and scalp equalizer to my ends.
I may apply some castor oil to my ends during the week if I feel they need it.

*I still struggle with SSKs. This is why I've stopped wearing wash and gos until my hair gets longer (hopefully the weight will curb to SSK formation)
*When I flat iron, I do it on low (3-4 on maxiglide).

Thanks for looking :grin:

Last edited:
Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! You've made excellent progress.

Do you keep your hair straightened? Is the regimen you posted for your straightened hair preparation?

Excellent progress!! I am a huge fan of your hair!!!

:heart2::heart2::heart2::heart2:

Your hair is gorgous! That is it. I'm convinced now more than ever that I am scissor-happy. Keep up the good work.

Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! You've made excellent progress.

Do you keep your hair straightened? Is the regimen you posted for your straightened hair preparation?

I use the same regimen when I wear my hair curly too. Instead of the elasticity rebuilder I use this.
WaveNouveauCoiMoisFinishLot.jpg

Whenver I cowash, I always use Aussie Moist.

Beautiful! Have you always used the Optimum line?

I started using this line about 6 months ago. I has been such a blessing. Unfortunately it has been discontinued so I hoard it whenever I find some.

Wonderful progress!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! Did you mean your stylist blow dry prior to rollerset? I was a little confused.

SDC12436.jpg

• Wash with Hair Cleanser
  • Apply reconstructor (sit under the dryer for 15 mins)
  • Apply deep conditioner (sit under the dryer for 15 mins)
  • Apply leave in conditioner (Elasticity rebuilder)
  • After blow drying or flat ironing apply Hair and scalp equalizer to my ends.

I love these products...well "loved", I can't find them anywhere since Sallys stop selling them.

Congrats on your progress, looks great!

You made wonderful progress LunadeMiel. How often do you trim?

I do a full trim a couple times a year (I usually take off about .5". This year I've trimed 3 times though, about 2 inches in total). However, I'm constantly dusting and doing S&D sessions because of SSKs and split ends. I say I dust and S&D 3-4 days out of the week :nono: I usually S&D while I'm at work or watching TV. I hate the sight of split ends so I cut them whenever I see them

Wonderful progress!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! Did you mean your stylist blow dry prior to rollerset? I was a little confused.

She did a rollerset on wet hair and then blew it out (Dominican blow out). I rolleret before the blow out so that my hair is mostly straight before hand. This way they use less heat to get my hair straight.

Last edited:
Back