1YR PROGRESS PICS for 2006!!!!!

Mizani_Mrs

Unfortunately I have to say that I am SEVERELY disappointed. and i truly mean that.... But i'm trying not to make a big deal out of it. I am being patient. I haven't posted a progress pic since last feb because i get upset of my slow growth, but dayum i at least expected to be BSL by now!!!! I dont get it!!! Ok so anyways, quit crying. So I'm a believer that if you want different results then you must do something different so this is what i am doing differently for 2007.

• I switched from Mizani Regular to Mizani for fine/color treated hair (i think regular was too strong for my hair)
  • I switched from blowdrying weekly, to rollersetting weekly (I believe this is the main reason i didn't retain as much length as i wanted.)
  • I'm not a big fan of bunning, but i'm trying to wear more braid-outs. At least 2days out of the week (right before wash day). And i'll wear more ponytails... (i'm not quite yet ready to give up wearing my hair down daily) :look:
  • I flatiron every 2 weeks on low/med heat, instead of every week on med/hi heat.
  • I haven't been taking vites for the past 6months. I will commit to taking my daily vite. and then i will try to re-train myself to take the GNC NourishHair vites.

Well thats about it, i think i eat pretty healthy, and drink lots of water... It really sucks my hair grows so slowly... :ohwell: But such is life, i'm committed to obtaining better results for my 2008 comparison.

(thanks for listening....) :)

After_2-10-2007.jpg

You still made great progress. I am sure that with the changes you are making, you will get even more progress. I wish my hair was as long as yours. But anywho, it looks good, don't beat yourself up. You are still doing it ;)

Your hair still looks good and i see a lot of progress, I think with the changes you have made you should be BSL pretty soon

Well that sounds like a good new start for '07, and atleast you see some growth girl cause it could be the opposite. I think your hair looks good and you'll be BSL b4 the summer especially w/you new regimen. Congrats on the progress!! It may seem like a little but it's better than nothing at all :D .

Girl you have made great progress! You hair is pretty and looks very healthy! ;)
Remember too that some people's hair have different replacement rates and resting periods. You hair is growing but you may be replacing your hair more rapidly than others, and it may appear that your hair is not growing as fast as you want it to but it really is. .... How much NG do you usually get with each relaxer? How long do your wait in between? If you are getting the average 1/2 per month then that could be it , unless you are getting some breakage. Your hair looks great!:)
Perhaps tweeking your regimen as you have outlined may help with this years goal.

Your hair looks good girl! But I must agree with you to STOP blowdrying. I retired my blower dryer in 2005! A rollerset is the best thing you can do for your hair. Then just wrap (doobie) and get back under the dryer for a few minutes. Your hair will be nice, straight and swinging. I can't wait to get your length!

Thanks for the kind responses everyone. yall made me feel better. i thought yall was going to hang me and throw tomatoes. and i need to get my husband to take better pics, i swear my elbows aren't ashy and i swear my complexion doesn't look that bad. :look:

Rzilynt, to answer your questions. No unfortunately i dont get 1/2inch a month. I usually stretch for 3months and end up with 1 inch or maybe 1.25inches of newgrowth. (since i've been off birth control for 8months now...hopefully it'll pick up). Yea i am 100% committed to the changes i've named so we'll see how those work out and if i dont notice a change then i'll go the militant LHCF/no direct heat route...

thanks for your feedback.

RZILYNT said:
Girl you have made great progress! You hair is pretty and looks very healthy! ;)
Remember too that some people's hair have different replacement rates and resting periods. You hair is growing but you may be replacing your hair more rapidly than others, and it may appear that your hair is not growing as fast as you want it to but it really is. .... How much NG do you usually get with each relaxer? How long do your wait in between? If you are getting the average 1/2 per month then that could be it , unless you are getting some breakage. Your hair looks great!:)
Perhaps tweeking your regimen as you have outlined may help with this years goal.

Mizani_Mrs said:
Unfortunately I have to say that I am SEVERELY disappointed. and i truly mean that.... But i'm trying not to make a big deal out of it. I am being patient. I haven't posted a progress pic since last feb because i get upset of my slow growth, but dayum i at least expected to be BSL by now!!!! I dont get it!!! Ok so anyways, quit crying. So I'm a believer that if you want different results then you must do something different so this is what i am doing differently for 2007.

• I switched from Mizani Regular to Mizani for fine/color treated hair (i think regular was too strong for my hair)
  • I switched from blowdrying weekly, to rollersetting weekly (I believe this is the main reason i didn't retain as much length as i wanted.)
  • I'm not a big fan of bunning, but i'm trying to wear more braid-outs. At least 2days out of the week (right before wash day). And i'll wear more ponytails... (i'm not quite yet ready to give up wearing my hair down daily) :look:
  • I flatiron every 2 weeks on low/med heat, instead of every week on med/hi heat.
  • I haven't been taking vites for the past 6months. I will commit to taking my daily vite. and then i will try to re-train myself to take the GNC NourishHair vites.
Well thats about it, i think i eat pretty healthy, and drink lots of water... It really sucks my hair grows so slowly... :ohwell: But such is life, i'm committed to obtaining better results for my 2008 comparison.

(thanks for listening....) :)

Your hair looks fabulous! I do however understand how you feel about being disappointed. I'm in the same boat as you with my disappointment, but remember that you have beautiful healthy hair. :)

Your hair is beautiful. You also look like you have a really long torso, so that could be why it seelms like it is taking you so long :) I wish my hair was at your STARTING length:D

I feel the same way as you. When some people gain one inch a month in growth I'm like OMG, however your hair is full and healthy. You will be at BSL by summer. IMO growth is the easy part it's maintaining the health of your hair which is more difficult.

Mami, your hair is looking great and you have made fantastic progress!
Be grateful to God. I wish I could boast the same results! Refrain from heat as much as possible and see what results you have then.

Congratulations on your results, dedication and hard work of the past year.

I LOVE THE THICKNESS OF IT.. AND THE LENGTH.

It's hard sometimes when you expecte more. But you'll get there.. your hair is healthy and thick, and it'll grow!!

Mizani_Mrs said:
pic of wet hair...

WetHair_Front_2-10-2007.jpg

I think you've made great progress. Your hair looks nice and healthy. I'm sure with your 2007 regimen your hair will be off the chain!

Your hair is still very beautiful. And I think it is a good idea to put down the blowdryer. I know sometimes we are pressed for time but that little extra love & attention that you put into your hair using rollersets will give you the desired results. Dont look at the sacrifice focus on the goal. I had to stop letting my beautician blow dry me and ever since my hair has been thriving. You will get BSL but when you get there you want healthy ends so step away from the blowdryer and protect protect protect. :p

I wish my hair was half of yours...At least u have progress and ur hair looks beautiful. I feel like I've been the same length since I started...:(....in October.

You made some good progress, and your hair also looks healthy and shiny! It looks esp. long in that picture from the front. :)

I love the color.... is that the result of Henna?

I think that all of the changes you plan to make are REALLY great, and you will certainly retain even more growth in the upcoming year if you stay consistent with those new practices!

Thanks for sharing girl!!! :D

Girl, do not feel dissapointed at all. You have made great progress! I'm a slower grower too so I know how you feel.

With the changes that you are making, I'm sure you will be BSL by summer.

mizani, i love your hair so please stay on course... i want to switch relaxer(reg to a mild or fine) for the same reason. did you notice any major difference between the two relaxers?

prettypuff1 said:
Your hair still looks good and i see a lot of progress, I think with the changes you have made you should be BSL pretty soon

I agree. I can definitely see progress. I'm positive that you'll be at BSL this year especially with your new regimine. I love that wet hair pic! Congrats!

Ma your hair does look longer to me. I know that sometimes looking at it everyday we cant see the progress (even when we see it in pics we still see what we thin kis there and not really there). You are well on your way to bsl

FAMUDva said:
Your hair looks fabulous! I do however understand how you feel about being disappointed. I'm in the same boat as you with my disappointment, but remember that you have beautiful healthy hair. :)

I AGREE!! I understand how you feel, as well. It seems like I am overly disappointed in my progress from touch up to touch up. But, remember how pretty and thick your hair is, lady!!!

thanks everyone! Hey kini! No it's not the henna, i did a colourshines rinse in black cherry, it's maybe 6weeks old.

KiniKakes said:
You made some good progress, and your hair also looks healthy and shiny! It looks esp. long in that picture from the front. :)

I love the color.... is that the result of Henna?

I think that all of the changes you plan to make are REALLY great, and you will certainly retain even more growth in the upcoming year if you stay consistent with those new practices!

Thanks for sharing girl!!! :D

hey momma. well this was my first 'fine' relaxer, 2 weeks ago. I haven't noticed any difference yet. I will say that it still relaxed my hair bonestraight so my fear of not relaxing straight with a mild lye relaxer is over. imma continue using this mild mizani lye for this year and i'll search for something milder if i'm still not satisfied with the amount of breakage.

mommatide said:
mizani, i love your hair so please stay on course... i want to switch relaxer(reg to a mild or fine) for the same reason. did you notice any major difference between the two relaxers?

You've made wonderful progress, so don't be discouraged. You started off '06 with a lovely head of hair (your siggy pic dated 2/1/06) and it's even prettier and healthier looking now. If it's any consolation, I'm a slow grower too. it took me 11 months to get from APL to BSL when I thought it would only take 6! Don't give up and you will reach your goals.

Back