1st Year of Hair Journey.... SL to BSL

KimB

Hello All!
This is my first post, but I've been lurking here for a while now. I have gotten so many great tips from you all this past year and I wanted to show my progress so far!

April 2010
I started getting serious about my hair journey this month. My hair had been breaking off like crazy which was pretty much normal to me at the time :ohwell:. I was in between SL & APL and had been at that same length for years...
April20105.jpg

April20103.jpg

October 2010
Hair growth! & some weight loss! :yay:
October201013.jpg
October20101.jpg

December 2010
APL! & I finally figured out how to take decent pics...
December20104.jpg
December20102.jpg

April 2011
Made BSL
April2011004.jpg
April2011024.jpg

My end goal is WL... Hoping that happens sometime next year :pray:.

Yaaay! This is so inspirational...congrats!!

Eta, how many times did you trim your ends during this time frame?

Last edited:
Regimen? Still trying figure that out. lol. :spinning:
However, generally I wash once a week with ORS Olive Oil creamy aloe shampoo & DC with Nexxus Humectress mixed with whatever cholesterol I have on hand and various oils (olive, coconut, avocado). Whenever i feel my hair needs it I moisturize and seal with Wave Nouveau & coconut oil or do a Aphogee protein treatment. During the week i am either in a bun or braidout & using little to no direct heart. I'm slowly learning to stretch my relaxers; I was up to 3 months last time around... Honestly, I just try to keep it simple and not over manipulate my hair.

Thanks you all! :grin:

ETA: During stretches I switch my DC to ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Makes my NG much more manageable for me!

Last edited:
Back