17 months later...I love my hair and dontspeakdefeat!

tasha7239

Well I guess I should say off and on for 17 months. I have fell off a lot while being in Afghanistan. But on Monday, I fell in love with my hair. I just wanted to share some pictures (sorry its just two). The first one is from when I first started my HHJ in Oct 09. The second, is from 21 March 2011. I had my appointment with dontspeakdefeat at 0830 but due to my late flight I showed up two hours late:nono:. She was soooooooooooooo sweet and totally understood. We talked about hair, life, more hair, everything. She is just an all around wonderful and positive person. I live in NC but will gladly make the trip to ATL to see her.

After all of these months I realized that I was doing everything right. I didnt have to switch from this or that and on and on (even though I love too). The one thing I was missing all this time was patience!

HHG

Attachments

• DSC00792.jpg
    DSC00792.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 459
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 506
You did a great job in taking care of your hair -especially in Afghanistan...I know you are so lovin' your progress!!!

Looks really gorgeous! Reminds me of one of Reniece's pics, and that says a whole lot there!

Great progress and wonderful hair. Thanks for serving for our country.

I hear wonderful things about DSD. She takes great care of her DDs' hair too. The pic reminds me of a Reniece photo. DSD has skills.

Your hair looks great, nice and thick. DSD is up there along with the other rare stylists who are actually talented and care about black hair!

Looks really gorgeous! Reminds me of one of Reniece's pics, and that says a whole lot there!

I thought I was the only one who thought this too! It looks like one of her update photos. Your hair looks great and good job on the maintenance. DSD did a good job. Is she still a mod here?

Thanks everyone :bighug: for the feedback!

As far as a regi....all I do is DC twice a week. Either on wet or dry hair. I use Kenra MC, some AO, some oils, honestly that is my downfall. I dont really have a regi I just throw some stuff together and try and DC twice a week. I DC overnight. One thing that I do not ever slack on is my bun. I bun probably 355 days a year. When I wear my hair down, I get nervous and put it back in a bun :look: Since my BFF Keysha has left I do not use any kind of heat. I take the Solgar Woman's Vitamins, Biotin, MSM, and Viviscal (sp). One thing I plan on doing is making sure I take my vits everyday and I really need to step up my water. I have not had water in a long time :sad:

Your hair looks super-healthy. Great progress! Please share your regimen. Also, what did DSD do to your hair besides style it? TIA!

Your hair is beautiful and super healthy. What is so amazing (my DH just returned from Afghanistan) is that you managed to do it while deployed. Can you pm me Donspeakdefeat's info? I live in NC also and would not think twice about driving to Atlanta. Thanks!

Well I guess I should say off and on for 17 months. I have fell off a lot while being in Afghanistan. But on Monday, I fell in love with my hair. I just wanted to share some pictures (sorry its just two). The first one is from when I first started my HHJ in Oct 09. The second, is from 21 March 2011. I had my appointment with dontspeakdefeat at 0830 but due to my late flight I showed up two hours late:nono:. She was soooooooooooooo sweet and totally understood. We talked about hair, life, more hair, everything. She is just an all around wonderful and positive person. I live in NC but will gladly make the trip to ATL to see her.

After all of these months I realized that I was doing everything right. I didnt have to switch from this or that and on and on (even though I love too). The one thing I was missing all this time was patience!

HHG
You are too sweet! You are also the prime example of what happens when you really care for you hair. Keep up the good work. See ya soon! :yep:

Your hair looks great!! DSD did a wonderful job and from the time I lurked & finally joined the board she was giving out wonderful advice.

Back