12 week stretch - now what?

trinidarkie1

Ladies, I have just completed my 12 week stretch, like I've been doing for so long.
I had in a full weave for the last 4 weeks. I just took it out on saturday.
I lost SO MUCH HAIR, that I thought I lost all.
It was so much!

I know she braided my hair too tight!
I have a nice amount of new growth. But with so much hair lost, I feel like I am back to square one.
What should I do?

Anyone experienced the same thing happening to them after a stretch and weave?

The same thing happened to me about a week and a half ago. I had a sew-in for almost 3 weeks (only 2 tracks though) but when I took out the tracks I lost a lot of hair and It seemed like my hair thinned out even more. I am 5 months post relaxer. I say wash your hair and deep condition it atleast twice and it should return back to normal. It probably just seems like you are back to square one because of the ng and shrinkage and because you lost all the hair at once instead of over the four week period. I just taught myself how to do a sew-in so I am going to wait two more weeks and then put another one in (if I don't put my lacefront on). This time I am going to do more of a full weave with little hair out in the front because last time it was too hard trying to keep my hair moisturized and keep the weave hair looking good.

Thanks. I was wondering if that was just the 4 weeks all in one.
I am due for a touch up soon, or a full wet and wavy weave.

Going on vacation to the Bahamas, and I want to have sexy hair :lol:

Back