1 year comparison (sorta long, but with a pic lol)

Black Hoya Chick

So...i have been transitioning over 19 months now..

I started off just trying to let it grow without cutting anything but a lot of the relaxed hair was so damaged that that was impossible. so i cut off about 2-3 inches (in general, more in the top layers) and started trimming every month (about 1 inch) from february through may (of this year). then i let it grow after the may trim and have been ever since. all i did was occasionally search and destroy. it just occurred to me that the last time my hair was REALLY straight was november of last year. and MAN! Do pictures tell a story. My hair is longer, thicker, and just healthier overall (even with the dirty mirror in the new pic lol). i am so thrilled about how far i have come. not done yet, i still have about 2 (a bit more in upper layers) on my head. i will be all natural by around spring/early summer. all i did was dust the hair a bit after flat-ironing each piece. so...NO SPLITS!

what have i done? bunned and avoided heat. thats all. it works ya'll!

and finally...the comparison pic:

de4l5l.jpg

its about an inch (a smidgeon more) past APL. my ends are bumped under a bit and the lighting makes it harder to see some of the ends. excitement. going for all natural MBL by the end of next year!

You've made nice progress. Good luck on your next goal, I'm shooting for MBL by the end of next year as well.

Nice progress! You're where I want to be come the end of February! I know you can make MBL by the end of next year. Stay strong!

Congratulations!!!!! You've been hiding ALL that length in your buns!!!! Thick, healthy and beautiful - everything I aim for!!!! KUTGW!!!

Congrats on reaching 19.5 months and I know you'll make your goals, both transitioning and length!

Did you blowdry and/or flatiron for your pictures? I want to do a length check @ one year post and would like to use minimum heat... like you, I don't use heat... What heat protectant did you use?

Considering you've done all that trimming, I think you've made wonderful progress! Well done!! I'm 12 months post now and this is great inspiration for me to keep going :)

Congratulations!!!!! You've been hiding ALL that length in your buns!!!! Thick, healthy and beautiful - everything I aim for!!!! KUTGW!!!

Congrats on reaching 19.5 months and I know you'll make your goals, both transitioning and length!

Did you blowdry and/or flatiron for your pictures? I want to do a length check @ one year post and would like to use minimum heat... like you, I don't use heat... What heat protectant did you use?

i blow dried and flat-ironed. i used pantene protector spray and serum to protect my hair from the heat

Back