1 day till Henna!!

Cayenne0622

Okay, henna fans. I have my Jamila and I plan on jumping on the Henna bandwagon on saturday. I'm so nervous. I saved a lot of your recipes so I'm trying to decide which one to use. I do like one that includes henna, amla, indigo, lavender essential oil, acv, water. I'm not really that interested in color...it'll just be a nice lil extra. I want to use it for strength and conditioning more than anything.

QUESTION: Should I shampoo and dry my hair on Friday evening and then do Henna on dry hair Saturday? I don't remember reading where anyone shampoo'd their hair and then used henna like a deep conditioner. My hair needs to be washed at this point - almost a week - so I don't want to put the henna on unwashed hair. It seems like it should be clean from products first.

Let me know!

THANKS!

I rarely wash first. Henna can handle a little dirt. :yep: The most important things are: don't use too much terp, make sure you deep condition with moisture following, and strand test.

Good luck and take pics.

Is this the Jamila you all are referring to?

Jamila.jpg

good luck, I would have been jumping on with you had I not seen the Brown UPS truck drive by day in and day out by my house without my doggone samples for the last 2 weeks from hennaforhair.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called the people today and they are like oh - we are going to send it out!! I'm like #%$^&%@$%(&*(&!!!!!!!!!

nomoweavesfome said:
good luck, I would have been jumping on with you had I not seen the Brown UPS truck drive by day in and day out by my house without my doggone samples for the last 2 weeks from hennaforhair.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called the people today and they are like oh - we are going to send it out!! I'm like #%$^&%@$%(&*(&!!!!!!!!!

Sareca- I haven't done it yet. I guess I should have titled this "2 days until henna". Sorry, I'll do it on Saturday. I just hope all of the products in my hair don't interfere with the effects. Its been 7 days since I washed last and I've been bunning and putting Jam on my edges and BB Moisturizing with essential oils all over the rest of my hair. Hmmm...

Nomoreweaves - I know you are ready to beat the hizzell out of somebody right about now. Try to be patient. I experienced the same thing with Qhemet - 3 weeks just to get the little small sampler packs.

Cayenne0622 said:
Sareca- I haven't done it yet. I guess I should have titled this "2 days until henna". Sorry, I'll do it on Saturday. I just hope all of the products in my hair don't interfere with the effects. Its been 7 days since I washed last and I've been bunning and putting Jam on my edges and BB Moisturizing with essential oils all over the rest of my hair. Hmmm...

Nomoreweaves - I know you are ready to beat the hizzell out of somebody right about now. Try to be patient. I experienced the same thing with Qhemet - 3 weeks just to get the little small sampler packs.

Oh, you did say Saturday. :blush:

Henna is very forgiving when it comes to other products, application, mixing, or releasing as long as you have quality henna. But I do rinse the gel off my edges before I henna. I just stick my head near the faucet and throw water up and rub until I don't feel it anymore. It's ok if it's still wet. I've also left the gel and didn't have any issues.

To me the biggest hurdles are rinsing and making sure there's no metallics in the henna. You got Jamila so you don't have to worry about either of those things. Let us know how it goes.

sareca said:
Oh, you did say Saturday. :blush:

Henna is very forgiving when it comes to other products, application, mixing, or releasing as long as you have quality henna. But I do rinse the gel off my edges before I henna. I just stick my head near the faucet and throw water up and rub until I don't feel it anymore. It's ok if it's still wet. I've also left the gel and didn't have any issues.

To me the biggest hurdles are rinsing and making sure there's no metallics in the henna. You got Jamila so you don't have to worry about either of those things. Let us know how it goes.

I just love you, Sareca. :p You have this mentor thing going that is very sincere. It doesn't matter what people ask you, you answer honestly and sincerely....even if its not about henna.:D Just want to thank you for that.

Cayenne0622 said:
I just love you, Sareca. :p You have this mentor thing going that is very sincere. It doesn't matter what people ask you, you answer honestly and sincerely....even if its not about henna.:D Just want to thank you for that.

:blush: thanks :)

Cayenne0622 said:

I couldn't agree more! :)

Back