K18 Hair Treatment-Rebuild Keratin Bonds Permanently

Only step I didn't do was condition.

I basically just washed my hair, rinsed that out, added the K18, let that sit for 4 minutes then after that molded my hair down with Nairobi foam and sat under hood dryer to dry.
Yes, I understand. Just after using it for a couple of years I think it needs extra steps especially if the initial 5 treatments haven't been completed. I still condition unless I'm just air drying and twisting up.

For those who did the first 6 treatments consecutively: Did you do them once per week or more than once a week? I’m considering adding a second wash day and doing this for 3 weeks instead of 6. I wonder if there is a benefit to having the treatments in a shorter duration vs stretched over 6 weeks.

For those who did the first 6 treatments consecutively: Did you do them once per week or more than once a week? I’m considering adding a second wash day and doing this for 3 weeks instead of 6. I wonder if there is a benefit to having the treatments in a shorter duration vs stretched over 6 weeks.
I did them every time I shampooed which varied but which was usually every 7 to 10 days. I dont think it would be a problem doing it twice a week. The original instructions were 5 to 6 washes and not weeks. So those with naturally straight hair were probably washing every 1 to 3 days anyway.

I did mine over 2 months. And I noticed some difference on the 4th use and a noticeable difference on the 6th. I think I've been using it 2 to 3 years now.

I did them every time I shampooed which varied but which was usually every 7 to 10 days. I dont think it would be a problem doing it twice a week. The original instructions were 5 to 6 washes and not weeks. So those with naturally straight hair were probably washing every 1 to 3 days anyway.

I did mine over 2 months. And I noticed some difference on the 4th use and a noticeable difference on the 6th. I think I've been using it 2 to 3 years now.

When I first read the instructions, I thought that they probably had naturally straight haired people in mind who wash their hair 5-6 times per week. So the intent was to have the first 6 treatments done within a week or 2, not in 2 months. 6-8 weeks is enough time to accumulate more damage as it’s repairing damage. I’ve read a lot of rave reviews from… white people, but not a lot from us. And im wondering if the difference in the WOW factor is the major difference in time between the 1st and 6th treatment.

Either way, I can only squeeze out maybe one extra wash a week depending on my energy levels.

Do you clarify each time you do a treatment?

When I first read the instructions, I thought that they probably had naturally straight haired people in mind who wash their hair 5-6 times per week. So the intent was to have the first 6 treatments done within a week or 2, not in 2 months. 6-8 weeks is enough time to accumulate more damage as it’s repairing damage. I’ve read a lot of rave reviews from… white people, but not a lot from us. And im wondering if the difference in the WOW factor is the major difference in time between the 1st and 6th treatment.

Either way, I can only squeeze out maybe one extra wash a week depending on my energy levels.

I think you are supposed to use the detox shampoo every time you use the k18 mask but I only bought the mini so I’ve use other shampoos (pureology hydrate mostly). I’ve got too many shampoos to get through using

I think you are supposed to use the detox shampoo every time you use the k18 mask but I only bought the mini so I’ve use other shampoos (pureology hydrate mostly). I’ve got too many shampoos to get through using

I found this post by K18:

IMG_4795.jpeg

I’m assuming again that they probably don’t have someone in mind who only washes weekly, moisturizes and seals every night, and pre-poos with oil before washing.

I have a sample packet of the detox shampoo, that I’ll test out next wash.

I think it worked fine doing it once a week. Unless you are straightening a lot or doing a lot of coloring there shouldn't be a lot of bond damage in an 8 week period. There can be mechanical damage in that time but that is a different type of damage.

I don't typically clarify before a treatment unless I plan to color my hair that month. When I color my hair I do a protein treatment, shampoo and then do K18 the week before I color.

Back