Zizyphus Spina Christi (Sedr)

Shadiyah

I was wondering how many of you had or is using this instead of henna? From what I read about it, if you do not want to dye your hair this will give you the same conditioning's as the henna without the color.

I need this for one of my ladies that would like to keep her grey and I was at one time thinking of growing my grey back in but I didn't want to give up the henna. Cassia will leave the grey dull or blondish. I would want my grey bright like it use to and my grey head ladies has nice bright grey.

bumpjar.gif

I can not believe that no one has used this.

I actually never heard of it but I'm always interested in herbs for hair and body and now I want to try it. So thanks for the tip. :)

I have no plans to give up henna so I'd alternate it with henna treatments. My mother would probably be interested coz she doesn't like the henna color so I mix other ayurvedic herbs for her instead.

Hello, I know Sidr ! but it has nothing to do with henna. I mean you ask bout it but no, you can't use it instead of henna.
sidr leaf powder is just a natural shampoo, very similar to rhassoul. it's appreciated especially on hennaed &indigo-d hair, because it haves the property to fix the color(indigo can fix hardly on hair). that's just it. i hope i helps.

Qhemet used to make a Sidr Tree Butter back in the day. That's the only time I'd ever heard of it. I still have a jar for sentimental purposes- I wouldn't dare use it now. Interestingly enough, I haven't seen any other product lines use the ingredient.

I found this info ...

Uses
All parts of the plant are used by the local Arab people to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. The plant has also been used for its soothing properties [Adzu et al]. In Saudi Arabia it is used for the treatment of ulcers, wounds, eye diseases and bronchitis. The Bedouin use it for the treatment of wounds, skin diseases and as an anti-inflammatory. They also use it as a febrifuge and diuretic.
Spina-christi is a tree indigenous to the south of Iran. The leaves of this plant, which are locally known as “Sedr” and “Konar”, have been used for washing the hair and body. Plant leaves are also used in Iranian folk medicine as an antiseptic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent, and for healing skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis [Amin; Nafisy]. In Chinait has been used as a form of birth control. Read more here

I just got mines today and I will be using it this week coming and hope it does not tarnish her grey at all because is it pretty bright.

I've never used it but I did watch a YouTube recently that talked about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXHyQwhlan4

HTH!!

Jenaee thank you so much this video was so much help. I had ordered mines from the same place and was told the same thing because I needed something that would not cover the grey and I read that it would still thicken the hair and condition.
I will tel you all how it turns out and I think I will try it on mines also. I just hope it does not act like protein. Because then I can use it more times than I do the henna.

Jenaee thank you so much this video was so much help. I had ordered mines from the same place and was told the same thing because I needed something that would not cover the grey and I read that it would still thicken the hair and condition.
I will tel you all how it turns out and I think I will try it on mines also. I just hope it does not act like protein. Because then I can use it more times than I do the henna.

How was your experience? I've used it once and I actually really like it. I'm gonna use it again soon as I get my hair stuff in.

Back