ZERO BREAKAGE

Ganjababy

I started doing henna treatments recently. I have noticed that I now get zero breakage and less than 10 shed hairs! I used to get a fistful of hair whenever I combed my hair. I remember people saying they get like 4 shed hairs when they detangled and I used to think:rolleyes: sure you do. I just cannot believe it. I also deep condition my hair 2-4 times per week. Plus I have started using more ayurvedic powders and oils. Also take 5000mg garlic oil so I am sure all of these things are contributing factors. I am just amazed and felt like sharing. I cannot keep my hands out of my hair! I just looooooooooooooooooove my hair. After 3 henna treatments, no more grays either! My hair is actually shorter since I joined LHCF because I have cut it off and gone natural, but it has never been healthier or looked prettier. I cannot wait for it to grow out now:grin:

Last edited:
Isn't discovery a WONDERFUL feeling! Good luck and I know you will do well. Sounds like you've got a plan!
ETA~ I love henna too!

Is henna a liquid hair dye?Is there a particular brand that you use? What powders/oils do you use. Can i mix them in my conditioner

Is henna a liquid hair dye?Is there a particular brand that you use? What powders/oils do you use. Can i mix them in my conditioner
I use natural henna that is used for body art. I mix the powders and oils in my conditioner and also use the oils as an overnight treatment.

HENNA
I use the 200-250gm henna (natural henna powder made from the leaves -NOT COMPOUND HENNA which is not natural and will damage your hair) on its own mixed with 2-3tbs lemon juice(or ACV) plus 1/2 cup brewed coffee, 2tbs honeyquat, 2tbs glycerin and 4tbs amla powder and 3tbs any oil and 2 tbs rosewater. Mix (except for amla powder) warm coffee water with everything. Leave overnight so that colour is released from henna. After at least 8 hours I add 1/2 cup boiling water to amla powder, when it has cooled down I add to henna mixture and put on my hair for 6-8 hours. Very messy so the last time I just added a bit of cornstarch to the coffee to thicken while boiling then added to henna mix. Otherwise it drips everwhere.

OILS
As overnight treatment- Amla, Shikakai, coconut, neem

POWDERS
Bringhjar (wrong spelling) shikakai, aritha, rose, amla, neem I add these to suave conditioner and let it sit 5-30 minutes to wash my hair. Powders can be brewed and used as tea rinses also

Also use Swastik shampoo bar when I need to shampoo which is every 2 weeks or so.

Last edited:
Will the henna turn my jet black hair red. I would prefer my natural color to stay.Out of all these products which helped most, henna, alma, shikakai. I was thinking of doing coconut oil, alma, and shikakai prepoo overnight b4 wash day once a week. Will that make a difference?

I'm tempted to try this, I know the coffee is good for stoping shedding. But does this mixture keep you up at night when you keep it on your head with the coffee in it for hours?

We have a coffee rinse thread going and some ladies said the coffee rinse causes them to stay awake if they do it too late in the evening....:giggle:

I'm tempted to try this, I know the coffee is good for stoping shedding. But does this mixture keep you up at night when you keep it on your head with the coffee in it for hours?

We have a coffee rinse thread going and some ladies said the coffee rinse causes them to stay awake if they do it too late in the evening....:giggle:

The coffee does not make me stay awake (but then again nothing does!). I used to use a coffee spray which helped to re-grow a bald spot I had on the top of my head almost the size of my fist so I know coffee works!

Will the henna turn my jet black hair red. I would prefer my natural color to stay.Out of all these products which helped most, henna, alma, shikakai. I was thinking of doing coconut oil, alma, and shikakai prepoo overnight b4 wash day once a week. Will that make a difference?

Henna would not turn your jet black hair red. It would have aubernnish glow when you are in the sun. My hair is not black so henna turns a nice reddish colour. You can add indigo to the henna mix if you want a black hair colour or you can add the henna to a conditioner if you do not want the colour deposit but just the other benfits like glossy strong hair. Also you do not need to soak it overnight if you do not want the colour to deposit on your hair and you do not need to let it sit on your hair long either. I do not use it as a condioner only so I do not know how long you would leave it on for this. ANYONE WHO USES HENNA AS A CONDITIONER ONLY CAN CHIME IN PLZ?

I would not leave shikakai powder on overnight, just the oil. The powder strengthens your hair but can be drying so I use it as a wash in a co-wash then follow with a moisturising condioner. It makes my hair strong. If I had to choose one with the best overall benefits it would be the henna

Back