Your Thoughts Please...

05girl

Hi All,

Thinking about my second venture into weave. My first foray was for four months at the end of 2011. It was love/hate. I'd like to submit my thoughts/hesitations/situation and get some experienced feedback.

1. I first got weave to aid transition. I HC Gentle Wave Relaxed. It was aight. I got it colored to match my hair highlights and blended pretty well. Blending was always a worry. It tangled and felt dry-ish.
2. Since I'm not much of a self-hair-doer, I would still go get my hair done every two weeks with the weave. The wash & dry process sucked... detangling after washing sucked. And $$$$$$.
3. I had to keep my leaveout straight to blend, and when weave came out the leaveout was permanently straightened. Although I'm relaxer free, I still straighten my hair every week/every other week (salon visits every 2 weeks). My shoulder-length hair is permanently straight about halfway up the hair strands.
4. Although my stylist says my hair is healthy, I all the time find breakage/weak points in my hair, and I absentmindedly search for them all day (HIH syndrome). I also have a breakage point at my crown, which is why I gave up relaxers in teh first place but now it's back.
4. I have bad HIH syndrome and now hair pulling (trichollomania). My hair is not growing and thinning. I'm completely fed up with my hair. I've thought about cutting it pretty short but I think I'll hate it.
5. I don't know how to style my hair. I love curly styles but the shrinkage just looks silly to me in my head (i hate the way i look).

SO, about the weave
6. In a perfect world, I'd be able to rock some curly natural hair (ie I want to grow my hair out). I don't mind a loosened curl due to heat, but I don't want the permanent straight damage.
7. I don't want to suffer leave-out damage. But closures 9/10 look bad to me. And I can't imagine not being able to touch my scalp!
8. Braids option. I'm just not about that life/look for myself.
9. So I think I just want like shoulder-length. Finding matching hair is such a stress though!! Yes folks love Indian virgin but that is not what my hair looks like so it would just look silly to me and put a lot of pressure on blending. I'd also want something that can maybe go from straight to "natural" ??

I dunno.. thoughts.. weave is so much money (last time I probably spent $400-$500 or weave & install). But it seems like the only way to stop myself from picking at my hair so much (although i still may touch the leaveout....)

------

TLDR: press hair two - four times a month, hair has some damage, plus bad HIH and trichollomania leaving NL (bob) hair thin now and uneven. Considering weave. Spirits very low.

Would you like to get your real hair braided and then sew a wig onto your hair? That way you wouldn't have any leave out hair and the thread would only be on the outside braid that goes around your head in a circle.

Would you like to get your real hair braided and then sew a wig onto your hair? That way you wouldn't have any leave out hair and the thread would only be on the outside braid that goes around your head in a circle.

Man I dunno what I want... today I'm tempted to cut it all off!! I'm not too familiar with the option you spoke of.

Back