Your hair holiday debut!

ajoyfuljoy

I am actually looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday. I will be spending it with my godmother and her family. I have my outfit all picked out in my head. I'm excited for wearing my hair out but I haven't figured out the exact style yet.

How do you plan to wear your hair for the holidays?

How do you feel about your hair holiday debut and what do you think your family will say about your hair (or do you even care)?

What do you plan to do to your hair in preparation for the holidays?

I am actually going to texturize prior to Christmas because I would like to debut then.:grin: Usually I stretch 6 months, but this will only be 5. My aunts and cousins love my hair and they are happy when they see it out. I often have it up or weaved. I'm only just below Apl and I have 4 inches to brastrap. I have one inch down! I'm trying to squeeze out 2 more inches before then. :drunk: I am bunning and will buy another wig when the NG gets to two inches. Protecting until then but I never wear my hair out anyway until touch up time.

ETA - I feel very excited because I will be closer to my goal. I was this length last year and burned the ends of my hair messing around with rearranging my tracks, so I should have been brastrap already.

Last edited:
I don't know yet. Part of me want to try to do a really nice updo since I finally have enough healthy hair to do one without looking a HAM. I probably should head over to youtube for some step by step videos. My family is used to seeing me in the wild wavy curls so I guess I should do something different.

For Thanksgiving, I plan to wear a nice updo for a dinner with a few family members. For Christmas, there will be a large family gathering, so I will "reveal" my hair then. By then, I should reach my WL goal, and I plan to wear a twistout. Most of my family have no idea how much my hair has grown, in thickness and length, so they are going to freak when they see it.

My hair is staying weaved up until the week before Christmas. I plan to get it straightened for Christmas/New Year's party. Hopefully, I'll be BSL. I know that will be a hit.

Ooh..i like this thread and will keep coming back.
My Trad wedding in Nigeria is coming up and i plan to wear my hair down. A lot!:yep:

i'm going to debut at christmas. i was trying to hold out hiding my hair until the first of the year but i'm so tired of my lace wig. booo! so i'm going to have my hair in a natural style for thanksgiving - just my hair with some curling custard and then get it blowed out for christmas.

What will that look like? You mean that Paris Hilton bump thingy?

I don't know I never paid attention to Paris Hilton's hair. U have a pic?

I am planning to sweep the bangs and wear a messy bun in the crown I will wear the rest of my hair down and bump with the flat iron.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

I'm going to wear my hair in a bun for Thanksgiving and then get it straightened for Christmas (I can't wait to see my progress). My husband will be so happy to see me wearing it straight, but the rest of my family really does not care.

Winter is coming and my hair dosen't do well in the winter. I usually weave it up. So....as soon as my hair comes in that I ordered...I will cut and style my hair back to this...me1.jpg

or maybe this..inspiration1.jpg

I am going to wear my real hair for Christmas. I am praying that my hair is BS length by then. That would be a wonderful holiday surprise to me.

I plan on getting my hair professionally relaxed with Mizani...and getting it styled into a nice roller set wrap or just a regular wrap.

Until then I will keep Wiggin' it up til that time.

I've been faithfully bunning since August so I'm gonna treat myself to a $8 hair school rollerset and wear my hair out for the Christmas holiday.

For the last year or so ive been wearing added hair for big buns, or a half up half down style. Now im finally gonna wear my hair out with NO added hair. Im so excited that my damage has grown out. Im gonna be freshly relaxed by thanksgiving after a 17 week stretch.....if im not happy with how my hair turns out....then ill do a braidout

I don't know I never paid attention to Paris Hilton's hair. U have a pic?

I am planning to sweep the bangs and wear a messy bun in the crown I will wear the rest of my hair down and bump with the flat iron.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

that sounds cute! I thought you were talking about this:

hayden.JPG

HAIR-long7049.jpg

hilary-duff-glaad.jpg

Winter is coming and my hair dosen't do well in the winter. I usually weave it up. So....as soon as my hair comes in that I ordered...I will cut and style my hair back to this...View attachment 19429

or maybe this..View attachment 19431

what site do you buy your weave from? I always like your looks and I'd love to know what stores you shop at

I'm not doing anything really special to my hair- just a braid out bun. I probably will be straightening it more in Dec so I want to do as little as possible to it right now.

Back