You Ladies Who Self Relax or Anyone Interested

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Thanks Mindy. That's a great reminder of the proper procedure for relaxing.
smile.gif

Your welcome. They have a GREAT section on there about Press and Curl too at the end of the relaxer steps. Check it out. I learned about using a hard rubber comb to protect the scalp.

Now where was this site when my Grandma used to burn the heck out of me.

Hey, thanx for posting that....I am plannig on relaxing my hair in about two years, and I would love to be able to do it myself. This post is really helpful....gracias again
grin.gif

In the steps, it says to apply a treatment *before* a neutralizer. It implies that water is good enough to stop the process. I saw on one thread that you *need* to have the neutralizer in the hair and must keep it on for 5 minutes in order to guarantee that the processing has stopped. Is this true?

Hi Mufasa,

Welcome to the board!
smile.gif
Water alone cannot stop the relaxing process, you definately need a neutralizer. However, what a lot of companies are doing now with the whole relaxing process, is having a protein treatment or reconstructor of some kind, (example Affirm), before the neutralizing shampoo. I've read that the best time to start to rebuild the hair is right after the relaxer and before the neutralizer. Personally, I always neutralize first and then do the protein/reconstructor treatment, but it can be done either way. No matter in what order you do it, you definately have to use a neutralizing shampoo.
smile.gif

thanks for posting this mindy. I had seen the site a few times before but I always end up losing the link. This time I printed out the entire instructions.

Back