YOU know you've been ViCTIM of Black Hair care if...

Growinpainz

1. You stayed in the salon for 5 or more HOURS!!!! 2 of which was under the da** dryer!
2. You got someone to do your perm (from the box) (Soft-n-beautiful, dark-n-lovely, just-4-me, etc.) because you couldn't get an appointment in time.
3. You beat your head like you retarded because you waiting for a perm and don't wanna scratch
4.In 1996 you used gel (and a toothbrush) to revive your baby hair” (some don't think that's funny cuz they STILL DO IT!)
5. You let your mama, cousin, or somebody cut your bang and it wasn’t str8 so you had to wear the swoop….
6. Or better yet you WORE THE SWOOP…every BLACK girl THOUGHT she was Aaliyah didn’t they??? The lil’ piece in her eye….
7. You wore the infamous twists in the front and down in the black hair style…
8. you LEARNED HOW TO DO the infamous twists in the front and down in the back style…
9.You secretly wished your hair was like the woman on the box.
10. When your hair broke off…you told everyone… “I cut it!”
11. Your beautician said they were gonna cut your split ends and your hair went from down your back to a bob…
12. Your pulled them two pieces of RANDOM hair from the side or center of your head and let them hang over in your face…DON’T FRONT YA’LL KNOW YA’LL DID IT!
13. Every summer your mama got your hair braided ‘cause you were gonna go swimming…and she didn’t wanna have to DO THAT NAPPY HEAD! That’s why…
14. You did your OWN hair and just KNEW it was cute…until you flipped thru some photo albums 5 years later and wondered WHAT WAS I THINKIN’!
15. You put a gel and/or water mixture in your hair to hold you over until you got it done…
16. When you were little you used to take your braids/ponytails down and try to wear your hair “loose”…
17. You even re-styled it with them lil’ black combs they gave you on picture day…and got BEAT for it when the proofs came back…
18. You wore beads THE WHITE ONES and then GOT HYPE when the colors came out! Looking like SERENA and VENUS…wit da foil on the ends…before u could get the rubberbands!
19. When Brandy came out BRAIDS was the THANG! You even switched ‘em up…
20. The beauty supply store or the beauty salon are the ONLY two places it is ok to go in LOOKIN A MESS…ya’ll know ya’ll seen (or BEEN) the girl with the hat on and when she pull it off as she sits in the chair she looking like O MY GOD!!!
21. You were burned if u didnt HOLD DOWN THAT EAR! when u got your hair "pressed"...
22. You KNOW what a vigaro..or hot oil treatment is...
23. You LOVE when your beautician SCRATCHES your head while they washin it...
24. you experimented with hair color...
25. you experimented with HAIR DO's
26. BAPS was the inspiration for your PROM up-do...
27.There are many more reasons but lastly, YOU KNOW you are victim of Black hair care if you LAUGHED at most ALL of these…and now wanna pass it along to another victim so they can agree to be NAPPY but HAPPY, STRONGLY BELIEVE in WEAVE, CONFIRM u need a PERM, or SWELL to have GEL…with u….

I am guilty/ a victim of the bolded

Last edited:
Growinpainz said:
14.In 1996 you used gel (and a toothbrush) to revive your “baby hair” (some don’t think that’s funny cuz they STILL DO IT!)
11. 16. When you were little you used to take your braids/ponytails down and try to wear your hair “loose”…

21. You were burned if u didnt HOLD DOWN THAT EAR! when u got your hair "pressed"...

Well, I think you covered them all, but I am guilty of the above! I still hold my ear, i think I was traumatized as a child.

11. Your beautician said they were gonna cut your split ends and your hair went from down your back to a bob…

Still afraid of stylists because of this one. Somebody is walking away limpin if this ever happens again :mad:

atlien11 said:

Still afraid of stylists because of this one. Somebody is walking away limpin if this ever happens again :mad:

#11. Looking back, it's funny now, but a few years ago, my hair went from APL to barely SL in one snip! :eek: I fell victim to a new (to me) stylist who substituted the word "cut" for "trim." When I finally left her shop, I realized the full extent of what happened. I felt the cold air on my neck, and I knew my hair was g-o-n-e!!
:whyme:
Ladies, I got to my car, called my mama, and cried my eyes out. :cry:
Needless to say, I did not return. Plus, she left my scalp dry and flaky. I never understood how a stylist could let you get our of his/her chair - KNOWING that your scalp is dry - without some oil or something ... I digress. :scratchch

Yes, I've been a victim of black hair care.

:.Krys.: said:
But why do I still have to do this when I get my hair done at the salon? :lol:

I still do this too. As long as you have a curling iron r something in ur hand, I will have my ear held down.

I am still laughing...lmao. The twist in the floor and down in the back was my shyt! How about the buckles/ocean waves...?

i loved my swoop b4 i decided to cut my hair and i ruined it

this summer i called myself cutting me some bangs except that i of course i didnt know what i was doing so i tried to fix it...and they just got shorter and shorter. my hair in the front used to come way down past my chin and when i was done jacking it up it only came to my nose. LOL.
luckily its growing back and im getting closer to my chin again. ill never cut my hair again

Dang, I am a poney tail swooper!! My siggy hellllo... :lol:

Great list..What about bleaching the bangs with peroxide to have that reddish blonde look without paying for it. (ooh, I am the only one?:look:)

:.Krys.: said:
But why do I still have to do this when I get my hair done at the salon? :lol:

I was laughing at that one. When I was younger my mom used to wash and press my hair every Saturday. When she pressed my hair, she told me to hold the top of the Blue Magic , Royal Crown, or White Rose hair grease over my ear to protect my ear (hey it worked :look: )

Last edited:
yoniy said:
Dang, I am a poney tail swooper!! My siggy hellllo... :lol:

Great list..What about bleaching the bangs with peroxide to have that reddish blonde look without paying for it. (ooh, I am the only one?:look:)

you're not the only one, but I use to peroxide my whole head:look:

Back