You Know It's Time for your Touchup When....

soulie

You attempt to bun and your new growth SPITS your Good Hair Days pin back out of your hair and into the sink.

When you tie a silk scarf on your damp hair to flatten your new growth and the scarf RISES.

When a GHD breaks when you're pinning up your hair, and your new growth hangs on to the broken pin and won't let go.

These are the reasons I'm relaxing this weekend.... how do YOu know when it's time? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

When Yo' Head Looks Like a Cross Between Jermaine Jackson, James Brown and Don King.:lachen:

*exits thread and shakes head*:nono:

When the NG is so thick and lifted off your scalp that it looks like you are wearing a helmet or even a wig.

"You got on a wig today Mizzbrown?....Nah, I'm just 17 weeks post, thats all.." :look:

No amount of shea butter will make your hair behave at 6:30 in the am.

You try to rock a rollerset, but without blowing it out or saran wrap it looks like an afro

People keep asking are you tryna go natural

Your edges start looking like taco meat

When you try to comb your hair and you notice that your brand new comb is now missing 4-5 teeth

You attempt to bun and your new growth SPITS your Good Hair Days pin back out of your hair and into the sink.

When you tie a silk scarf on your damp hair to flatten your new growth and the scarf RISES.

When a GHD breaks when you're pinning up your hair, and your new growth hangs on to the broken pin and won't let go.

These are the reasons I'm relaxing this weekend.... how do YOu know when it's time? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:yep:......:lachen::lachen::lachen:

-When you break a comb. I was so ashamed. I kept apologizing to my stylist for breaking her big toothed comb when she was touching up my hair lol

-When your NG laughs at the flat iron.

lol
Honestly when i had a relaxer my hair never got straight so i could never tell exactly when i needed one. Other ppl on the other hand...:perplexed::lachen:

- When you run your fingers through your hair and it feels like you have tracks.
- When DH (after serious hair education) says "Babe, I think you need one of those touchy things"

- when you are not sure how long was your hair because the NG still shrinkin

- When your NG is waaaay longer than the relaxer ends

When you are trying to detangle you hair, and trying your best to have patience, and not just rip through it out of fustration, your hair gets caught in the comb, and the more you try to take it out the more tangled it get. So since you are scared your are gonna cause breakage at the demarcation line, you embarrassingly go to your spouse with a comb dangling in front of your head, talking about, 'help me'. :sad: This is why I now only detangle in the shower.

...you part your hair and you can't see your scalp!

...your NG sucks up 1/2 a bottle of HS 14 in 1...in one day!

...you try to finger comb and lose a nail to the NG!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks for the laughs ladies. Some of these are sooo good!!
When your wig sits UP AND OUT on your head. :look:

*hangs head and walks off*

- when you are not sure how long was your hair because the NG still shrinkin

- When your NG is waaaay longer than the relaxer ends

- When you run your fingers through your hair and it feels like you have tracks.
- When DH (after serious hair education) says "Babe, I think you need one of those touchy things"

:yep::yep:
yup the rising scarf
:lachen:

when you try to run your fingers through your hair and you can't even get a cm in before your fingers get caught

-When you do a scalp massage and realize that your nail has broken in the mass
-When your nail polish is chipping and for weeks you're still combing out 'polish flakes'
-When birds don't want to nest in your ng

:blush: :lachen::lachen:

when you're mistaken for being a natural :lachen:

I was on Television for my job Last Week (and they are still showing re-runs ERRRGH!) and I got numerous Calls from people saying:

"I didn't know you were natural now?" And....."when did you go natural?" And......."What made you decide to go natural?":blush:

AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO............THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING NATURAL.......

*except when you're relaxed and not transitioning*

Last edited:
When Africa meets Europe, i.e. Your leave out is peasy and your half wig is flowing and silky:lachen::lachen:- I am sad to say I have commited this egregious sin from time to time.

I had forgotten this; it happened before my last touchup. When you are walking through a shopping center and a small out-of-breath child catches up to you.... gasping, he hands you a business card and says: "My Momma saw you through the window and thought you needed this!"

Back