You heard me say this before, I'm all about being and individual and

eyunka

if you like it that's all that matters. But ladies this is killing me. Help me help my ds. He wants twist but his hair is soooo thick. (4z) And its sooo dry and hard. Couple days ago i conditioned it. I added a little baking soda to it for 20 mins and that didn't seem to work.

Basically I have never really had to deal with natural hair this thick and i have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway this is his latest style that he just loves:ohwell:

Y'all help me please

10b1e01f.jpg
36d47c9a.jpg

I purchased Nudred thinking it would help with the twist but you see affects of it

What are you using for a moisturizer? Maybe try some s-curl to soften it up. I think Blackmasterpiece did a thread not too long ago where she did something like this to her brother's hair and she used gel, I think.
Anyway good luck. My ds friend just did this to his hair too.

i use all the same moisturizer on his hair that i use for my daughter and I. I tried scurl. Maybe i have a misconception of what soft is suppose to feel like on natural hair?
What are you using for a moisturizer? Maybe try some s-curl to soften it up. I think Blackmasterpiece did a thread not too long ago where she did something like this to her brother's hair and she used gel, I think.
Anyway good luck. My ds friend just did this to his hair too.

IMO his hair may be the type where you have to manipulate it wet. I only style my hair dry if it's been stretched beforehand in braids or twists

I've wet his hair, added the mounts of gell on it and did the comb twist...they lasted a day. It was my 1st time. Maybe i need practice.

get him some afroveda shea amla and curl define. He could slap it on after he showers and his hair is wet. It would love his hair type and give him a soft defined look.

When i tried to do the comb twist i used gel and Jamaican extra hold twist n loc. Maybe i will try just teh jamican stuff in stead of the gel.
perhaps a creamy moisturizer and a twist or locing type of gel which would have more hold.

^^^ I found that those types of products do NOTHINg for my hair except make them dry and look bad after they dry. Can his hair air dry and be defined without twists? Some hair types don't respond well to comb twists. Especially when they are that coarse. I find it works better on finer hair.

The picture posted is withour product and dry with the use of the nudred which is a sponge like thing with holes it in. In some areas(sides) of his hair the nudred works nicely but in the middle i think his hair is too long and coarse now. I have tried to section his hair off in really small section and twisting but it won't stay.

Again it maybe me...
^^^ I found that those types of products do NOTHINg for my hair except make them dry and look bad after they dry. Can his hair air dry and be defined without twists? Some hair types don't respond well to comb twists. Especially when they are that coarse. I find it works better on finer hair.

Back