"You can not grow out dead hair"

angellazette

Lawd hammercy, I'm watching Judge Joe Brown and they just showed the preview for the next case coming up. A lady has a complaint about a relaxer /weave/cut it seems. The "stylist" goes, "the reason her hair does not grow is because she has dead ends, not split ends but dead hair. You can not grow out dead hair"

She's referring to overprocessed hair as dead hair.

"she has 1/4' of newgrowth, it's time for a new relaxer"

The lady needs a LHCF invite :ohwell:

Last edited:
angellazette said:
The "stylist" goes, "the reason her hair does not grow is because she has dead ends, not split ends but dead hair. You can not grow out dead hair"

This makes me so angry. :mad: ***shuddering***

angellazette said:
Lawd hammercy, I'm watching Judge Joe Brown and they just showed the preview for the next case coming up. A lady has a complaint about a relaxer /weave/cut it seems. The "stylist" goes, "the reason her hair does not grow is because she has dead ends, not split ends but dead hair. You can not grow out dead hair"

Oh no she doesn't! We can't be having that up in here. Could you imagine the threads she'd start trying to give advice? :lol:

angellazette said:

Even those less knowledgeable about haircare even know that you should not get a touchup with only 1/4 inch of new growth. Even some of the at-home kits say you need more new growth than that!

Lovelylocs said:
I wonder what Judge Brown will do. When does this air?

It came on today...the client's complaint was that the stylist cut off her hair when she only asked for a trim. That's when the stylist went into the dead hair references.

He judged in favor of the stylist, yelled at the other lady and her boyfriend and said the stylist helped her...something to that effect lol

Back