YO~GURT~GIRL!

Irresistible

I'm going to be trying this for my skin and hair!

.....not just for eating anymore....:
Yogurt contains AHA (alpha hydroxyacid) an example of an AHA is lactic acid/sodium lactate which some
naturally curly heads use instead of vegetable glycerin. Lactic acid is found naturally in milk products & fruit. When used on skin or hair it does leave a very nice and soft feeling to it. AHAs are also a natural exfoliant too.

Yoghurt is:
1. Effective at drawing out impurities
2. A natural way to exfoliate
3. Great at reviving dull looking skin - especially after a good night out with the gang.

Face mask recipe:

Prep time required = 10 minutes

1. Take a small pot of all natural yoghurt
2. Add a quarter teaspoon of lemon or lime or orange or grapefruit juice.
3. For Dry Skin - Add a little honey
For Combination and Oily skin mix in a quarter teaspoon of either bentonite clay or rhassoul clay
4. Apply the mask to clean, dry skin
5. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes during this time prepare a bowl of warm water and add 2 drops of
Lavender Essential Oil or Chamomile Essential Oil
6. Remove with a face towel soaked in the warm water that contains essential oil
OR
Simply rinse with warm water.
Your face will feel nice and soft.

Put simply all those expensive products that contain AHAs in creams well you can get even more benefits at a fraction of the cost by using yogurt mixed with FRESH fruit.
Fruits have AHA as well.
I would be more inclined to use Fresh fruit rather than the syrupy bits of fruit they have in yogurt.
Berries of any kind are said to be the best to mix with yogurt for your face but only use a few like 1 or 2
mashed up well.

Yoghurt in your hair as a prewash condish:

Hair Mask Recipe:

Prep time required = 10 minutes

1. Take a small pot of all natural yoghurt
2. Add a quarter teaspoon of honey.
3. Add a couple of drops of your favourite hair loving essential oil
4. Put the mixture on your dry, clean hair
5. Cover with Cling Film
6. Leave on for 15 to 20 mins.
7. Rinse
8. Enjoy the softness

I've used yogurt in a few of my hair concoctions lately and really really love it a lot. It's great stuff. I'll be trying it for my face soon as well.

Back