YESSS!! I GOT THE LAST LAUGH!!

caribeandiva

Human being
as many of you may remember, i've come on here crying a few times about how ignorant and unsupportive my friends and coworkers were being about my taking care of my hair. well, last Sunday, my coworker (the same one who told me it takes her 3 years to grow her hair from ear to neck length) told me: "your hair is growing you know. so that stuff you're doing really is working. at first i didn't notice a difference in your hair but now i do." i smiled and said: "i'm just doing exactly the same thing i wrote out for you to do a year ago but that you obviously haven't been doing." as i said that i stared at her hair with the obvious phony pony attached to it. then she claims the products i recommended were too expensive. i was like: "whatever, you could use cheaper alternatives if you wanted."
as for my friends, one of them always comes up and touches, and play in my hair whenever i wear it down. she even started using conditioners!:eek: you ladies were right about them coming 'round to my way of thinking.

caribeandiva said:
as many of you may remember, i've come on here crying a few times about how ignorant and unsupportive my friends and coworkers were being about my taking care of my hair. well, last Sunday, my coworker (the same one who told me it takes her 3 years to grow her hair from ear to neck length) told me: "your hair is growing you know. so that stuff you're doing really is working. at first i didn't notice a difference in your hair but now i do." i smiled and said: "i'm just doing exactly the same thing i wrote out for you to do a year ago but that you obviously haven't been doing." as i said that i stared at her hair with the obvious phony pony attached to it. then she claims the products i recommended were too expensive. i was like: "whatever, you could use cheaper alternatives if you wanted."
as for my friends, one of them always comes up and touches, and play in my hair whenever i wear it down. she even started using conditioners!:eek: you ladies were right about them coming 'round to my way of thinking.

DOesn't it feel so Good TO BE soo right! :lachen:
your hair is getting there :) very nice

yep, people always wanna doubt until they see proof, and even then sometimes they dismiss it as "luck." i'm just glad that in your case, they admitted you were right! :grin:

yep, it feels DAMN GOOD!! if anyone calls me lucky i might have to punch them in the face. we all know there's no such thing as luck when it comes to black hair care.

caribeandiva said:
yep, it feels DAMN GOOD!! if anyone calls me lucky i might have to punch them in the face. we all know there's no such thing as luck when it comes to black hair care.

I have to disagree on that statement! We were luckly to FIND this site! SO
now we can have other woman with common goals of black hair care ;)

Last edited:
Hidden_Angel said:
[/b]

I have to disagree on that statement! We were luckly to FIND this site! SO
now we can have other woman with common goals of black hair care ;)

well yeah you're right. some poor unlucky souls will never find this site or hair books because they don't care enough to do their research. oh well.

caribeandiva said:

I'm right there wit cha! :lachen:

caribeandiva said:

Your hair has really been growing.
:lol: I can't wait until this year for friends and family who didn't take me growing my hair longer seriously. Plus, I've been hiding my hair under wigs anytime I go out or around them. By the end of this year, the looks on their faces :eek: / :shocked: when i stop hiding... will be priceless.

I agree with you I love to have the last laugh, but I have to commend the girl for coming over and admitting pretty much that she was wrong, now maybe you could help her if you want to to find alternatives to help her hair grow. I would be a person like her I would not have believed you either only because who are you to tell me how to grow my hair its not meant to be mean but its just a natural reaction. now if your hair was swinging down your back I would have a different opinion. Now she can see that she was wrong, she has a change of heart. I know exactly how you feel I had no support from friends, family or co workers and I finally went and had my hair blown out with my sister sitting right there looking and her mouth was hanging on the floor. she said you were right to go natural your hair is so thick and growing so long. After that she had a lot of questions for me. This sister wasn't supportive at all she frowned on going natural and all the other advice i was given her but now that my hair gained some length she is wide awake. Well this is my opinion I am always for being nice to people even when there were once nasty to me. I dont' know call it compassion.

caribeandiva said:

Similar situation happened to me recently. I was taking my aunt and my cousin to the mall after I got out of work and my hair was in a messy bun. A piece was sticking out of the bun that kinda showed my length. As we were driving, my cousin asked me if it was all my real hair and I said yes. She didn't believe me so I took it down. My aunt was like, "Wow, it's getting so long" and then my cousin asked me how I got it to get so long. I told them what I normally do with my hair and then I was like "I tried to give you two advice and help you grow your hair but you didn't listen". My aunt was like, "yeah, you did tell us". After that, it was silence.

After that, I felt really good because I proved them wrong. They never took any of the advice I would give them and they didn't believe that our hair can grow to such great lengths. All the times when I went over to their house, they laughed at me about putting my hair in a baggy, I even showed them pictures of someone's hair on this board and they were automatically saying, "Oh its a weave", "her hair isn't that long" and all kinds of other stuff. Well girl, I guess we got the last laugh, didn't we?:)

Keep on growing girl, your hair looks fantastic! I can't wait to see what it looks like in another year.

caribeandiva said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

caribeandiva said:

:lachen: :lachen: Congrats on your progress again!

HA! I'll bet they feel SO stupid! While your hair is blowin in the breeze, they'll be stuck at neck length for the next three years! :)

nelli711 said:
I told them what I normally do with my hair and then I was like "I tried to give you two advice and help you grow your hair but you didn't listen". My aunt was like, "yeah, you did tell us". After that, it was silence.

hahah! do they listen to the advice that you give them now?

nelli711 said:
Similar situation happened to me recently. I was taking my aunt and my cousin to the mall after I got out of work and my hair was in a messy bun. A piece was sticking out of the bun that kinda showed my length. As we were driving, my cousin asked me if it was all my real hair and I said yes. She didn't believe me so I took it down. My aunt was like, "Wow, it's getting so long" and then my cousin asked me how I got it to get so long. I told them what I normally do with my hair and then I was like "I tried to give you two advice and help you grow your hair but you didn't listen". My aunt was like, "yeah, you did tell us". After that, it was silence.

After that, I felt really good because I proved them wrong. They never took any of the advice I would give them and they didn't believe that our hair can grow to such great lengths. All the times when I went over to their house, they laughed at me about putting my hair in a baggy, I even showed them pictures of someone's hair on this board and they were automatically saying, "Oh its a weave", "her hair isn't that long" and all kinds of other stuff. Well girl, I guess we got the last laugh, didn't we?:)

Keep on growing girl, your hair looks fantastic! I can't wait to see what it looks like in another year.

I just love that! thanks for all the compliments ladies! i would gladly give hair advice to anyone who wants it. i knew they were gonna see things my way once my hair gets longer, i just didn't expect it to start this soon.

Back