Yeah! I think I Know What's Going On...Do any of you have this too?

TwistNMx

I've been experimenting with various shampoos and conditioners trying to decide just what I want to do with my hair (relaxer, wn, etc), however my hair is just not strong enough.

My hair would constantly shed badly from the root and for the longest I haven't been able to figure it out until now...
My hair HATES" :eek: :eek: conditioner. Now I don't understand this because I've learned here that our hair always needs conditioning and moisture. I used to not have a problem with conditioners, but now if I use a leave-in or a regular conditioner after I poo, I definitely lose hair by the strands.
I asked very knowledgeable people here and they did not know why.
I don't use heat, I clarify, and protect my hair. Some of you may remember a post of mine stating my hair wasn't growing...Heck' I know it's growing, but I guess the conditioner (in hindsite) was breaking it off.

So tonight, I used a very good shampoo line that I'm finally pleased with...I think ('cause I'm such a pj as it is), so I hope I'm not speaking too soon.

Does anyone here have the same issue here?

My hair seems to shed in cycles, and I've been going through a period of heavier shedding during the last couple of weeks. I have noticed that there are several conditioners that seem to make the shedding worse. I still use some of these conditioners when I need extra detangling but I never put them on or near my scalp. I only use them on the ends of my hair (from the bottom of my ears down).

Also, recently I've been using Nexxus Ensure if I need to comb conditioner through my hair all the way from scalp to the ends. The Ensure doesn't seem to cause shedding as much.

I'm interested in the the product line/shampoo that you found that has helped you.

That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

And you're using the terms break and shed synonymously when they are two separate things. So, given that ...I hope you're interpreting your situation correctly.

Whatever works for you ...good luck.

I noticed more shedding hair when I was relaxed. My hair does shed during the seasonal changes. Do you use clarifying shampoo? I think maybe your hair has too much buildup.

I agree with CG about clarifying, but also are you using alot of protein laden products?

For me: A shampoo with protein (+) Conditioner with protein (+) leave-ins/moisturizers with protein (-) no clarifying = breaking hair

It takes a minute for all that buildup to manifest as extra hair in your brush/on the floor, but I found that was a problem for me.

Synthia said:
That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

And you're using the terms break and shed synonymously when they are two separate things. So, given that ...I hope you're interpreting your situation correctly.

Whatever works for you ...good luck.
;) My hair was shedding a lot, not breaking. Yes. I've learned "I hope" that different things work for different people.
Thanks Synthia

ravenmerlita said:
My hair seems to shed in cycles, and I've been going through a period of heavier shedding during the last couple of weeks. I have noticed that there are several conditioners that seem to make the shedding worse. I still use some of these conditioners when I need extra detangling but I never put them on or near my scalp. I only use them on the ends of my hair (from the bottom of my ears down).

Also, recently I've been using Nexxus Ensure if I need to comb conditioner through my hair all the way from scalp to the ends. The Ensure doesn't seem to cause shedding as much.

I'm interested in the the product line/shampoo that you found that has helped you.
Sounds like you have a lot of hair. The Nexxus line is a big help. But I did a lot of experimenting with a lot of different companies conditioners...even theirs, and had to return it to the store for a refund. I can use any good shampoo, but not conditioner right now unfortunately. :ohwell:

Country gal said:
I noticed more shedding hair when I was relaxed. My hair does shed during the seasonal changes. Do you use clarifying shampoo? I think maybe your hair has too much buildup.
I was going to relax, but I decided not to because of all of the shedding.
Right choice I think! ;)

JCoily said:
I agree with CG about clarifying, but also are you using alot of protein laden products?
I was lacking protein...but did not know it at the time. It's under control now.
For me: A shampoo with protein (+) Conditioner with protein (+) leave-ins/moisturizers with protein (-) no clarifying = breaking hair
It takes a minute for all that buildup to manifest as extra hair in your brush/on the floor, but I found that was a problem for me.
I think I used too much conditioner though. No matter what type of conditioner..even the simplist will not work for me, but thanks. ;)

Back