yarn braids, twists or wraps.

mummy0f2boyz

Hey all,

Im planning to put in some yarn twists but apart from the cutting what else do you do to the yarn to prep for putting in?

Some ladies soak in hot water before installing, some soak in conditioner.

Looking for some ideas Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using LHCF

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.... ~Sam Levenson

I don't do anything with my yarn before I use it, I don't think there is any need to soak the yarn at all you will need to do is make sure your hair is well moisturised before the install though HTH. I have a yarn wrap hairstyle pic in my siggy.

I just cut them to the right length and got to braiding. I don't do all that soaking or extra prep before braids

And after youve braided? Do you dip in hot water?

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.... ~Sam Levenson

But yes seriously I only tie a knot at the ends so I dont have to dip them in hot water. @mummyof2boyz

And after youve braided? Do you dip in hot water?

I tie a knot in the end, snip off the extra, and burn the ends. These are some of the tutorials I watched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUUKpLOYVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkzj7Xj5zoA&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbQ7WbexaGk

Ive never prepped the yarn, its great how it is for me (red heart), but I do slather each piece of my hair to be braided in moisturizer.
Gonna do a set of braids as soon as I get around to it..hopefully w/i the week.

Eta: also burn the ends, but I have curled the ends by setting w/ pipe cleaners then dipping in boiling water.

Last edited:
So ladies i tried twisting in my yarn annnnnnnd the bloody unravelled kmt.

I dnt know what i did wrong hellllllp please?!!!!

Bump

Back