Ya'll were right! Silk Elements!

CalJay

I just went out today to Sally's and got my Silk Elements products to relax my hair. And WOW....great stuff. Last time I got my hair done was in April and it come out great. That is when the Salon that charged me $130 to do it! Well, I did it myself with Lye and I am sooo happy that I can now do it for less than $20 myself! Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this product. And a special thanks to SouthernGirl (hope I spelled that right) your Self Relax instructions were fantastic! Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the SE club. Its great, isnt it? Thanks to the ladies here or I would have never tried it.;)

^^^^
Same for me. I would have never tried this one if it wasnt for the ladies here. I love it. Glad itworked out so well for you also.:grin:

I've used it twice with great results! My sister relaxes and trims my hair perfectly! I don't have to go to the salon for any reason--haven't been in at least 8 years! Don't sleep on this, it's a great product.

Your membership card to the SE club is on it's way:grin: I am 12 weeks post and what was straight then is still straight. Please also try my beloved SE MegaCholsterol, it's on sale this month $2.99 for 20 oz. A little goes a long way and it really conditions. This is a lifesaver for me now!

CalJay said:
I just went out today to Sally's and got my Silk Elements products to relax my hair. And WOW....great stuff. Last time I got my hair done was in April and it come out great. That is when the Salon that charged me $130 to do it! Well, I did it myself with Lye and I am sooo happy that I can now do it for less than $20 myself! Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this product. And a special thanks to SouthernGirl (hope I spelled that right) your Self Relax instructions were fantastic! Thanks everyone!

You are very welcome! Glad I could help you :)

Come the end of my stretch, I'm getting my SE on for sure! :D

Slightly OT: I plan to get my relaxer at the Dominican salon, but bring the relaxer (Silk Elements). Do they act funny if you bring your own products? :look:

I still love the results I got from Silk Elements, but I think or heck I don't know if next time I need to leave it on a little longer? I had massive newgrowth so it was hard to work it all in. But I left it on an extra 5 minutes ater I had it on and smoothed a bit. Max time was 25 minutes. I have super thick and wavy hair. So once my hair dried there was tons of waves still. Ill include a picture. But should I leave it on longer next time? When I got my hair done in the salon she left it on for like 45 minutes cause my hair does not really relax straight. I guess I have a thought in my mind that once I relax my hair will be bone straight and I don't have to blowdry or flat iron it. Is this a little far fetched? But once I did flat iron it, it was perfect!
Picture051-1.jpg

Ive got slightly past shoulder length, all natural flat ironed hair. I'm thinking of self relaxing with a lye relaxer. Is silk elements effective on mostly 4b/4a hair?

I self relaxed last night w/ the mild lye formula. My hais is really lovely & it feels lovely. My hair has really thickened up over the last few months and I probably should've used the regular but it's still straight and has lots of body. My hair feels so strong and I'm not sure if it's the relaxer of the protein/moisture mix I use b4 I neutralize. Regardless, this stuff is so gentle and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I'm on the Silk Elemennts bandwagon too. I LOVE it. I'll probably throw away my big vat of Affirm.

Now this is interesting. With the Affirm I noticed my hair was getting thinner and thinner, not from breakage but coming out at the roots. I'm serious. I remember reading on another board that a woman was having the same problem and sure enough a few months later I started having the problem. Not just during relaxing but after relaxing, weeks later. I didn't experience any of this with the Silk Elements. Lucky for me I had pretty think hair or else I would look a mess right now. I also experienced alot of under processing with the Affirm.

I am also a lover to Silk Elements! As a matter fact I'll be on the way to sallys to get the mega moisturizing condish for my deep conditioning treatment. Has anyone tried the regular luxury conditioner for regular use?

vikkisecret said:
I am also a lover to Silk Elements! As a matter fact I'll be on the way to sallys to get the mega moisturizing condish for my deep conditioning treatment. Has anyone tried the regular luxury conditioner for regular use?
I tried it and thought it was crap.:ohwell:

Back