Yall, I am so excited and happy!! Kinda long

IMFOCSD

First, let me ask if there are any ladies here who made/makes there own hair recipes (shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc) and it worked better than any store bought product?

Lately, my hair has been shedding and breaking (not much though) and I could tell I needed some type of protein treatment but I don't have any "hair product money" so I went into the kitchen grabbed my mayonaise, milk and a egg. I mixed it together in a small bowl, sat the bowl in hot water to warm it and applied throughout my entire head. I then put on a plastic cap and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. I got in the shower and rinsed my hair and wow :shocked: I could not believe how strong my hair felt. I then applied the shampoo through my hair and there were little to no hair on my hands. after I rinsed the shampoo out I applied my miss key 10 en 1 mixed with dove moisturizing conditioner to my hair and left in on for about 10 minutes with no heat and there were still little to no hairs on my hand and my hair felt so soft and moisturized. Man I was in denial at first like okay this is not right, where are all the little hairs that usually would be on my hands after rubbing my products through it while wet. I am def doing this as my prepoo from now on. Apogee, keracare super reconstructor.....nothing I have tried has given my hair these kind of results. I am so happy that I finally tried it. I am now confident about making it to shoulder length:yay:(which is my first goal)

sweetcoco

Sometimes the best "cures" are right in your own fridge/cabinet..Congrats and keep up the good work

Jas123 said:
Sometimes the best "cures" are right in your own fridge/cabinet..Congrats and keep up the good work

Thanks Jas123, I do not know why I did not try it sooner.:look:

hopeful said:
I'm so happy for you! I also want very much to reach shoulder-length.

Thanks hopeful, I can't wait to reach shoulder length...I have never had shoulder length hair but I am so close, I can't wait.:D

CONGRATS.

I hope it continues to work for you.

You know, my mom used to use egg to protein-condition her hair. Her hair is fairly long and thick, and she, through plain common sense or just convenience, did many things that I now see recommended on here as "good hair practices" or "protective styling".

Apart from the above-mentioned egg treatment, she also used to get her hair relaxed every 3 months (to me that was normal, I come on LHCF and find out that people consider it to be "stretching"). And she keeps her hair in a bun most of the time - just because sometimes she can't be bothered to style it, or doesn't want it hanging around her neck and shoulders in hot Jamaica.

sweetcoco said:
First, let me ask if there are any ladies here who made/makes there own hair recipes (shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc) and it worked better than any store bought product?

Lately, my hair has been shedding and breaking (not much though) and I could tell I needed some type of protein treatment but I don't have any "hair product money" so I went into the kitchen grabbed my mayonaise, milk and a egg. I mixed it together in a small bowl, sat the bowl in hot water to warm it and applied throughout my entire head. I then put on a plastic cap and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. I got in the shower and rinsed my hair and wow :shocked: I could not believe how strong my hair felt. I then applied the shampoo through my hair and there were little to no hair on my hands. after I rinsed the shampoo out I applied my miss key 10 en 1 mixed with dove moisturizing conditioner to my hair and left in on for about 10 minutes with no heat and there were still little to no hairs on my hand and my hair felt so soft and moisturized. Man I was in denial at first like okay this is not right, where are all the little hairs that usually would be on my hands after rubbing my products through it while wet. I am def doing this as my prepoo from now on. Apogee, keracare super reconstructor.....nothing I have tried has given my hair these kind of results. I am so happy that I finally tried it. I am now confident about making it to shoulder length:yay:(which is my first goal)

sweetcoco

Bumping for answers :D

Congratulations. I might have to give this a try. Did you use whole milk? I have a cousin with BSL and she swears by plain-ole mayonaisse!

cocoa32 said:
Congratulations. I might have to give this a try. Did you use whole milk? I have a cousin with BSL and she swears by plain-ole mayonaisse!

Hi coco32 :wave:

I used 2 tbsp of whole milk and a one cup of plain-ole mayo.

sweetcoco[/quote]

Lately, my hair has been shedding and breaking (not much though) and I could tell I needed some type of protein treatment but I don't have any "hair product money" so I went into the kitchen grabbed my mayonaise, milk and a egg.

sweetcoco[/quote]

Here is something for those days inbetween. I have been using it for a couple of weeks: Kids Organics Hair Mayonnaise Leave-in. Cuz i know you don't want to be walking around with a shower cap on your hair to work.:)

bravenewgirl87 said:
sweetcoco
Lately, my hair has been shedding and breaking (not much though) and I could tell I needed some type of protein treatment but I don't have any "hair product money" so I went into the kitchen grabbed my mayonaise, milk and a egg.

sweetcoco[/quote]

Here is something for those days inbetween. I have been using it for a couple of weeks: Kids Organics Hair Mayonnaise Leave-in. Cuz i know you don't want to be walking around with a shower cap on your hair to work.:)[/quote]

Thanks bravenewgirl87

Back