Ya'll Ain't Neva Lied! Went Back To No-Lye & I LOVE It!!!! (beware: a lot of pics)

secretdiamond

Okay, so after almost 2 years of torturing my hair with lye relaxers, I was fed up and decided to go the no-lye route. I was going to go with Phyto II, but I changed my mind b/c I didn't want to risk underprocessing again.

Anyway, this time I made sure that I detangled VERY well. So how long did it take me to detangle my (texlaxed/underprocessed or whatever you call it) hair?? A whole week!!!!!!! :mad: & I spent at least 4 of them NOT sleeping! I had to use a water bottle to keep spritzing my hair to be able to detangle my matted hair.

So I finally finished Sunday night after starting Sunday of last week. I chose the ORS Olive Oil Relaxer since it got such rave reviews here...... and it was the best thing I could have ever done for my hair! :yep: :D

Not only did I have water on my scalp the day before, I scratched it many times with the comb while detangling and blow dried my roots! I was so scared I would burn my scalp off, but couldn't wait any longer to get a relaxer. Of course I based my scalp, but I didn't feel one burn! Praise the Lord is all I can say! :notworthy

Since this is the first time I used no-lye in a long time, I was afraid that my hair would get overprocessed, but nope! My hair relaxed perfectly. The roots are nearly bone straight, but with very subtle slight waves to them. I love it!!

To neutralize the relaxer, I used the Profectiv Neutralizing Mousse and it's the best thing since sliced bread. Okay I'm exaggerating here, but it's heavenly. I was expecting a thin, watery mousse that would do nothing for my hair, but it's so rich and creamy and smells yummy. :lick: I then followed with the Creamy Aloe Shampoo, and a mix of the ORS pak, Keraphix, & Porosity Control (my usual DC mix).

I was gonna do a corrective and smooth the relaxer halfway down my hair to fix those nasty, dry underprocessed parts I got from lye relaxers, but I was too scurred. So the rest of my hair is still poofy and tangly, but I am happy beyond words. My hair is finally back to normal and I'm sooo loving it. :grin:

I'm so happy, I'm even posting some pics of my hair I just took minutes ago. My hair is still very poofy since I airdried and lightly flat ironed the ends with the Maxiglide on 2. I was afraid to use too much heat. It's not much, but it's good enough for me! :D Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decision to no-lye and took the time to answer my q's. :kiss:

Last edited:
Looking good...
Your story sounds like mine. Underprocessed,texlaxed hair. Tangles and matts and detangling is a *****. I got fed up with lye relaxers too and I'm leaving them be. ALWAYS underprocessed. ORS seems like it's gaining a good sized fanbase. I'm going with Phyto Index II and hope I'm not disappointed.

Last edited:
Girl Look, Im their new biggest Fan :lol:

I just actually noticed recently that most of my hair looks underprocessed... , Im loving my No Lye and sticking to it for now :)

Faith said:
Looking good...
Your story sounds like mine. Underprocessed,texlaxed hair. Tangles and matts and detangling is a *****. I got fed up with lye relaxers too and I'm leaving them be. ALWAYS underprocessed. ORS seems like it's gaining a good sized fanbase. I'm going with Phyto Index II and hope I'm not disappointed.

Re: Ya'll Ain't Neva Lied! Went Back To No-Lye & I LOVE It!!!! (beware: a lot of pics

Your hair looks good, you did a good job with the trim too.

If I ever relaxed again I would use no-lye. Lye relaxers and their dire results were one of the reason I transitioned.

congrats... your hair looks good! no-lye is the bomb for me, i use phyto though. My hair is the longest and healthy its been in years!!

Thanks ladies for your kind words! :) I'm definitely sticking with this relaxer from now on & hopefully everything can be smooth sailing from here. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Re: Ya'll Ain't Neva Lied! Went Back To No-Lye & I LOVE It!!!! (beware: a lot of pics

Very pretty. Your ends look great.

Your hair looks sooo good. You did a really good job with the trim! If you ever think you're going to have a problem detangling your hair, try Surge Plus 14 Revitalizer--it detangles even new growth really well. :)

Your hair looks great. I also transitioned to natural because Affirm lye relaxer. My hair didn't have the shedding and tangling issues when I was using no-lye relaxers.

Thanks for the review on the ORS relaxer, I'm going to try it on my god-daughter's hair. She insisting on buying Motions but it does nothing for her hair. After every relaxer her hair is never straight.

Yep thats it, I'm going back to ORS, it was the best in the world. I have a lye relaxer now, motions and mine mats like mad, I have had enough, Next time I relax, no lye here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have any shedding or notice anything bad?

Last edited:
:grin: Welcome to the no-lye way of life girl!!! Your hair looks great, with body, shine and thickness at the ends. Don't worry them lost strands ain't hurtin your game any.:lol:

I was just like you tired of the under-processing and switched to Profectiv no-lye a couple weeks ago and I love it. Just be sure to keep your hair moisturized and you shouldn't have any problems.

Do you plan to keep using the Creamy Aloe Shampoo? It's says it's supposed to reduce calcium build-up which is the one thing I'm worried about.

:grin: Welcome to the no-lye way of life girl!!! Your hair looks great, with body, shine and thickness at the ends. Don't worry them lost strands ain't hurtin your game any.:lol:

I was just like you tired of the under-processing and switched to Profectiv no-lye a couple weeks ago and I love it. Just be sure to keep your hair moisturized and you shouldn't have any problems.

Do you plan to keep using the Creamy Aloe Shampoo? It's says it's supposed to reduce calcium build-up which is the one thing I'm worried about.

lonei said:
Yep thats it, I'm going back to ORS, it was the best in the world. I have a lye relaxer now, motions and mine mats like mad, I have had enough, Next time I relax, no lye here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have any shedding or notice anything bad?

The shedding was actually worse before I relaxed when I was detangling. So much hair was coming out in droves. But after, I don't think I noticed anything out of the ordinary. I did have shedding though, but I know it's b/c of what happened to me before. I've been shedding like crazy for every wash since my last relaxer. But after I relaxed, the shedding was significantly less and I'm not shedding anymore. I'll give an update on the shedding after my next wash.

dannie_19 said:

Thanks Dannie! :) I was thinking about Profectiv too, but there were more reviews on ORS for me to base my decision on. But the ingredients in the Profectiv look great!

About the Creamy Aloe Poo, I never thought to keep using it. I was just going to use a regular clarifying conditioner to make sure I keep the calcium build-up at bay.

shawniegee said:
I love ORS! I mix mine with olive oil and I have shine for days.

Doesnt adding oil leave your hair underprocessed? I tried it once and thats what I got so I stopped.

Back