WRONG WRONG WRONG *smh*

BLESSED1

So me and my laundry go visit my mom today...why did I walk in on her relaxing her hair totally wrong? List of violations I witnessed as my clothes were washing:

-not basing scalp and perimeter
-applying cream from ROOT to ENDS *shudder*
-PILING her hair on top of her head as she rinses in the sink

I won't even go into the abusive styling that followed once she was done :(

So of course, this woman spit me out 25 years ago so I care for her...I'm like ma, you know you dead wrong doing that right? She's like "I don't care this is how I do things....go pick out your afro and stay out of my business" So I'm like okay, but you know what she came to me asking for help cuz her hair was breaking off, and I can see breakage on her nape and hairline. When she complains about breakage and makes me get up and put my plans on hold to run to Sally's and buy her deep conditioner and motions protein, with my money, then it is my business...I'm not buying her anymore stuff nor giving her anymore tips, she just stubborn.

Rant over, thanks for listening :cool:

BLESSED1 said:
So me and my laundry go visit my mom today...why did I walk in on her relaxing her hair totally wrong? List of violations I witnessed as my clothes were washing:

-not basing scalp and perimeter
-applying cream from ROOT to ENDS *shudder*
-PILING her hair on top of her head as she rinses in the sink

I won't even go into the abusive styling that followed once she was done :(

So of course, this woman spit me out 25 years ago so I care for her...I'm like ma, you know you dead wrong doing that right? She's like "I don't care this is how I do things....go pick out your afro and stay out of my business" So I'm like okay, but you know what she came to me asking for help cuz her hair was breaking off, and I can see breakage on her nape and hairline. When she complains about breakage and makes me get up and put my plans on hold to run to Sally's and buy her deep conditioner and motions protein, with my money, then it is my business...I'm not buying her anymore stuff nor giving her anymore tips, she just stubborn.

Rant over, thanks for listening :cool:

The bold part was hilarious!!! :lol: That sounds like my mother! It's so funny that you post this b/c I was thinkin bout a thread on mommas and the way they respond to new hair regimens. When I first started really taking care of my hair, my mom had her eyebrows all in her forehead at me stretching my relaxers and using products not marketed to black people. But when I came home 4 months later with long, shiny hair she was jockin and askin what I had been doin to it. My mom gets relaxers every 4 FOUR weeks during the summer b/c she "sweats in her head" too bad. :eek: I keep tellin her to cut that out and her hair would do so much better. I have a laundry list of things she's doing wrong too, but one day she'll figure it out...I hope. :look:

Yeah, it makes no sense to try and help somone who isn't going to really take care of their hair. Getting good products isn't going to help you if you still mistreat it.

I do my mother's hair, but she buys her own products and pays me (only $20 for wash, deep condition, press and a curl/set) I use all keracare products on her with dudley's creme press. I give her regular reconstructors.

Still, she only gets her hair don't every month, or at the least two weeks. She uses grease and rolls her hair up on sponge rollers. She was SO uncertain about my abilities that she went to a hairdresser, who relaxed and pressed her hair and made it fall right out, after I had it growing (even with the abuse she does to it and tells me to do to it (press and curl is OD imo).

Now she's sitting around with her twa, telling me that when her hair grows back she wants me to do it for her...

Oh, well... help as much as you can, don't stress out about it.

I know I shouldn't stress, but she's gonna be baldheaded one day due to her foolishness....and for her to dismiss me like that? I'm like ma, I was relaxed way longer than I was natural, so don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about just because I don't relax my hair. She knows my hair looked good and healthy before I decided to stop perming, she's just stubborn I guess...I'mma leave her in Jesus hands but I swear she's gonna look like this one day :antlers:

Back