Wrapping..the art of wrapping short hair?

bluediamond0829

I havent really tried to wrap my own hair before since having it cut short...i would love to get this art of wrapping down while im growing my short hair out...and to sometimes save me trips to the stylist every week...and since sometimes just by simply a good wrap the hair sometimes falls right in the cut this would be easy to get by with..

What are some things that is a must to have for a successful wrap(of course a sit under dryer being one must items) but what would be some great products to use...

from watching my stylist she uses, styling foam, some black gel for the back part, and some wrap sheets...well i guess this would be all you would need...

but what are some of you ladies with short hair favorite products and just get the job done?

Girl, come on over and I will show you how to wrap hair....That's my specialty...That rollerset I tried was a hot mess...I just did(wrap) my hair again on yesterday and that is the results in my avater...I wrapped when it was shorter too...

This is what I used after washing and deep conditioning:

1. Applied leave-in (nexxus humectress)
2. The combed my hair straight down to eliminate all tangles....
3. The applied Elasta QP foaming wrap lotion...
4. Started at the top wrapping and wrapping til all is wrapped..
5. Then I apply the wrap sheet for a sleek molding...

Why is she using black gel? My stylist never used that...The wrap lotion was enough...

oh okay...girl dont ask me why she is using black gel..i told you the other day about my stylist...i think she just uses that in the back which i dont think she uses much because it doesnt make it to where it flakes or so thick that when you scratch your hair you can feel nothing but gel....

yes i love your hair...im going to get this down for the life of me..lol..i got to save money...im going to try it this week...

bludacious said:
Girl, come on over and I will show you how to wrap hair....That's my specialty...That rollerset I tried was a hot mess...I just did(wrap) my hair again on yesterday and that is the results in my avater...I wrapped when it was shorter too...

This is what I used after washing and deep conditioning:

1. Applied leave-in (nexxus humectress)
2. The combed my hair straight down to eliminate all tangles....
3. The applied Elasta QP foaming wrap lotion...
4. Started at the top wrapping and wrapping til all is wrapped..
5. Then I apply the wrap sheet for a sleek molding...

Why is she using black gel? My stylist never used that...The wrap lotion was enough...

Wow, u are the MASTER at wrapping short hair.......it is BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited:
Back