Wrapping hair

Crystal22

Who wraps their hair every night to almost every night and retains length? I don't know what else to do with my hair at night to still maintain a sleek wrap look without wrapping it. It seems hardly anyone on the board wraps. Is it really that damaging? I do rollerset but not everyday.

Thanks in advance!!

I roller-set and wrap my hair every night and my hair has been the healthiest it's ever been. I have no breakage, damage or split ends. Wrapping can be damaging, but if you do it the wrong way, like using a rat-tail comb, being too rough and wrapping in the same direction night after night.

I use a paddle brush and a boar bristle brush to smooth it down, and secure it with bobby pins. I also wrap in a different direction every night. Like, yesterday, I wrapped counterclockwise and tonight, I wrapped clockwise.

I've been wrapping my hair for over 10 years & I see no problem with it - my hair grew well past SL before LHCF while wrapping & it has gone from Chin Length to SL since joining and I continue to wrap almost every night.

However, before LHCF, my hair was always a little uneven because I only wrapped one way. Now I alternate the way I wrap & pin curl from time to time instead.

Many people cross-wrap for less manipulation, but it didn't work on my hair. I will try it again when my hair grows longer.

ETA: I always use a wide-tooth comb or a paddle brush.

Who wraps their hair every night to almost every night and retains length? I don't know what else to do with my hair at night to still maintain a sleek wrap look without wrapping it. It seems hardly anyone on the board wraps. Is it really that damaging? I do rollerset but not everyday.

Thanks in advance!!

I have wrapped my dry hair at night since for ever............. i have been doing wraps and pin curls for waves also...never had a problem

Im so glad to see long thicked haired ladies who do this! It makes me feel so much better. I'm not one for keeping my hair up all the time. Especially if I just got it done.

I've been dry wrapping my hair for as long as I can remember. Currently I'm MBL with no breakage "issues" so I can safely say....wrapping works for me.

Back