Wrapping hair when it's wet

kking7777

Wrapping hair when it\'s wet

Just wondering has anyone gotten really good results doing your own wraps at home, on wet hair? If so please tell me your trick. My hair turns out like a big poof ball, therefore I always air dry it first then curl and wrap nightly.

Re: Wrapping hair when it\'s wet

I often wet-wrap my hair. First, I use about a quarter-size drop Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade on my hair. Second, I spray my hair so that its almost drenching in water/rosemary oil.--I think this is key to getting it to lay flat and smooth to your head. Next, I comb it with a wide tooth comb and then a finer tooth comb--but not one that is going to pull/break my hair. Lastly, I sit under the dryer from anywhere to 45 minutes to 75 minutes.

HTH
Elliot

This is basically what I do:

1)saturate my hair with either a leave-in conditioner or wrap lotion.

2)comb my hair down in all directions (like cousin IT)

3) make a side part and begin to wrap hair starting at the top

4) the key for me is to keep my hand on top of my head while wrapping it. this usually helps to keep the top part smooth

5) when done wrapping, smooth the hair with a soft boar brush (i usually skip this part if the wrap is already tight)

6) place a satin cap and/or silk scarf over the head and let air dry. If I want to speed up the drying process, I'll sit under the dryer until the hair on top feels dry (the hair underneath is usually still wet) before putting on the cap and/or scarf.

Rayne-

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
rayne said:
4) the key for me is to keep my hand on top of my head while wrapping it. this usually helps to keep the top part smooth

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this is a very subtle step. Another thing that I just remembered about wrapping is to wrap the hair in a downward fashion so that its not all "piled" up at the top of the head. Another way to combat this problem, is to use a roller at the very top and later when the hair is dry, smooth it down into the wrap. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Elliot

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Another thing that I just remembered about wrapping is to wrap the hair in a downward fashion so that its not all "piled" up at the top of the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Elliot!! I think so too. I wanted to put that in my steps, but I couldn't think of a good way to explain it.

elliot,

I do the same thang!!! It works like a charm. My neighbor got me on to that about a year ago. I called her to see if she'd wrap my hair for me and she was like, "I'ma tell you right now what most women's problem is...they wrap it and the top is all wrinkled up after it dries...just put a big roller on the top and then wrap it." I felt like such a fool. I was like, why didn't I think of that?!
confused.gif

Back