Wrapping hair in both directions

kking7777

O.k about 6 months ago I found out a way to wrap my hair (dry only) in two directions. Does anyone else do this? Well if not it works miracles on shoulder length or longer hair. Once unwrapped it just hangs so nicely and it is full on both sides. At first it was kind of hard to do but once I got some long bobby pins and a little creativity, this was the only way I would wrap my hair.

My friend told me about this over the summer and I just started doing it. In the morning I unwrap my hair and then part it in the back and pin one side going in the opposite direction and the other side the same. I like it because my hair doesnt look like its going to one side now /images/graemlins/look.gif

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS!!! I wrap my hair and hate that one side is nice and the other is cRaZy! I know it may be hard to explain by typing...but I'll close my eyes and try to visualize what you're saying! I really need to know how to do this!! THANKS!!!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hunnybunny81 said:
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS!!! I wrap my hair and hate that one side is nice and the other is cRaZy! I know it may be hard to explain by typing...but I'll close my eyes and try to visualize what you're saying! I really need to know how to do this!! THANKS!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, Giiiirl that's the main reason why I can't wrap my hair. There's always one "crazy" lookin side. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Plus it takes me forever to wrap it period so I just gave up.

O.k ladies instructions on wrapping hair on both sides:

First you need long bobby pins, a comb and a brush oh and a doo rag that ties and I suggest hair that is at least shoulder length or longer( most of you have that) lol

O.k then u start on the left side by your ear and comb that hair around and smooth it as you go along pin it right above where your left eyebrow is, then u take the rest of the hair and continue to wrap it and then pin it where the center of your forehead is, now this is the tricky part you should still have the right side of your hair still hanging do not touch that yet. You are now going to take the hair that came from the left ear and then wrap it around the top back of your head until it meets your left ear again or the back of your head (depending on length) now that side is done! O.k now the right side and a little hair in back should be left to do. You take it in your hand like a ponytail and lift it and smooth it to your right eyebrow area and you will need to pin it probably in about 3 places.... the back and then by your right ear and the front now you need a doo rag to keep this in place over night. Now in the morning u take the bobby pins out and wholla you have full hair that people will swear you curled it that morning !!!!! This wrap should last about 5 days and then wash and curl it and do it again! I will try to get some pics up soon guys !!! Post your results I hope it works

I'm going to print this out! /images/graemlins/grin.gif...this sounds really good...question...do u part your hair any certain way???? oh...and I hate to keep asking u all types of questions... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gifbut could u tell me about ur regimen..how do u dry your hair, how often do u wash, etc etc etc..thank u sooooo much!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll be sure to let you know how it turned out! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Well I wear my hair in a clip about 80% of the time but I wash and condition my hair with motions shampoo and I love Cholesteral conditioners and of course olive oil. Oh and I NEVER EVER use blow dryers! Man that cuts down on split ends so much, o.k then once I wear my hair down I just pretreat with olive oil then wash,condition and then either let it airdry or sit under a bonnet hair dryer, once its dry I start in the back and section my hair and straighten it and curl it with my gold and hot curlers piece by piece section by section. Once complete I wrap it no matter what... because the way I wrap my hair it makes my hair look more full then any curling iron could do.... Oh and another trick is to sleep on it after you have wrapped it, because it stretches out the curls and makes your hair appear as if it has more length.

Kking7777 I'm gonna have to try this one! I usually just rewrap it in the other direction before I take my shower in the morning and let the steam 'set' it a little. But this sounds like it would work better. Thanks!

Even though my hair isn't that long I can still wrap it in both directions. It just takes some practice. I don't do it all the time but I have done it in the past. I'm sure if your hair is longer like most here it works much, much better. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back