Wrapping hair after rollersetting (doobie)

Lilmama1011

I have attempted to do so 3 times and when I unwrap it, it's straight and looks like I never had a roller in my hair. Products I use the first two times was a moisturizer(shea moisture curl and style milk) and and a sealer(coconut oil) and setting lotion (lotta body) and tresemme heat protectant. A day ago i use a leave in (komaza coconut milk), moisturizer (shea moisture curl and style milk) and sealer (coconut oil), and i used a little of (pillow soft curls from miss Jessie's for a little hold) and tresemme heat protectant. And when I unwrapped it, it had a slight curl at the ends, I go to comb and put in a ponytail and its straight and stiff. I was thinking the miss Jessie pillow soft was what weighed it down because its like a gel but not the hard hold. I tried to be so light handed being that I had a fresh relaxed. For the ones that wrap hair after roller setting, what do you use?

lilmama
When you say, "what do you use" do you mean before putting in the rollers while hair is still damp?
The last time I RS, it came out really well and I only used one leave in/moisturizer. I have the Komaza Care and I feel that this works as a LI and moisturizer in one. I don't need anything else; just my sealing oil.

Once I take out the rollers, I don't put anymore product in my hair. I will lightly finger comb the curls then arrange the hair into a very LOOSE wrap (I may use a brush or wide tooth comb to get a few hairs going in the right direction) and tie on my scarf.

Pics of my last RS and wrap are on the setting to success thread

lilmama
When you say, "what do you use" do you mean before putting in the rollers while hair is still damp?
The last time I RS, it came out really well and I only used one leave in/moisturizer. I have the Komaza Care and I feel that this works as a LI and moisturizer in one. I don't need anything else; just my sealing oil.

Once I take out the rollers, I don't put anymore product in my hair. I will lightly finger comb the curls then arrange the hair into a very LOOSE wrap (I may use a brush or wide tooth comb to get a few hairs going in the right direction) and tie on my scarf.

Pics of my last RS and wrap are on the setting to success thread

mshoneyfly yes I meant before and thanks

I was thinking should i moisturize and seal any more while doing a RS because when I use to get my hair done at the salon, they would use infusium and just roller set my hair and I would wear the curls out and wrap my hair that night and hair would have a curl to it for like almost two weeks. But I think I just used oil back then but I'm afraid not to moisturize my hair just even once because I see how doing both can make a world of difference

mshoneyfly, to maintain your doobie do you just use oil daily with no moisturizer?

lilmama
After I wrap the hair at night, i will put some of my water based moisturizer on by smoothing my hands around my head while its in the wrap. Sometimes I follow with few drops of oil in my hands. I rarely ever put product on my hair in the morning. Also, I may skip a night of moisture and oil because my hair is fine and I don't want a greasy look or feel.

Back