Wrapping (air dry) vs. Rollerset (air dry)

It~Can~Grow

Most of the threads here involve roller-setting and I haven't quite figured out why :nono:

For years I've wrapped my hair at night and went along my way. Yes, mainly due to time and effort, but also, because I didn't want to put more stress on my shedding hair.

Two (or so) weeks ago, after joining and starting my LCHF program of oil, deep condition I decided to roller set.

I did everything as prescribed, sprayed each section with a leave in and air dried (on mesh).

Though my hair was not 'crunchy' as with plastic rollers, when I fingered the curls out...my ends had that usual roller set shedding.

I normally shed from root -to -tip, but this shedding was probably breakage. It was like from the ends I could pull little balls of hair off.

In keeping with the low mani, I did not comb through - so why the balls?

So, which is really better? What DOES/is roller-setting supposed to do for the hair.

Thanks, Guru's :notworthy

Last edited:
So are you asking why the ladies here rollerset their hair? Or are you asking about the airdrying benefits of wrapping versus rollersetting?

I feel it's best to do what works for your hair. :)

*Scratch...scratch*

1) Benefits of wrapping vs rollersetting?

2) Why do you ladies think I had the 'hair balls' after taking down the rollerset?

Thank you for your reply. :yep:
So are you asking why the ladies here rollerset their hair? Or are you asking about the airdrying benefits of wrapping versus rollersetting?

I feel it's best to do what works for your hair. :)

Last edited:
Back