wrap lotion/setting lotion....

BLESSED1

Shouting out all my fellow transitioners & naturals! I straightened my hair tonight to get a different look for the holiday, but as soon as I applied my water-based setting lotion that I previously used when I was relaxing my hair, of course my hair kinked right back up! I was wondering what everyone who's either been transitioning for awhile or natural uses to wrap or set their hair with, if they know of a product that doesn't have water-based ingredients in it that'll revert hair. I don't straighten my hair that often but on the rare occasion that I decide to do it again I don't want my efforts to be in vain cuz I'm not using the right product /images/graemlins/frown.gif
TIA ladies!

The only product I know of without water that will help to set straigtened hair is oil.

Here are some things I do with my flatironed hair to get it styled:

1. I comb and arrange my hair in such way that when I take off my scarf the next morning, my hair will fall into the general shape. Then, I part it (side usually) to finish it.

2. I bump the ends or curl sections with a flat iron or curling iron and let the curl cool down on rollers so the shape lasts longer.

3. Braidout

4. Place rollers in before bedtime then remove and style the next day. I don't do this very often because it's uncomfortable.

BLESSED1...how did u straighten your hair? wet wrap or rollerset when wet? blowdryer or flatiron when dry?

Im transitioning and I use Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion

pardon my ignorance, but isn't wrap/setting lotion supposed to be used on wet hair? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks for the responses ladies, I haven't signed on in awhile so I'm just getting back to this thread....I only apply a heat protectant cream to my hair before I straighten it. Sometimes I straighten using a brush attachment on my blow dryer which gets my roots really smooth but leaves my ends frizzy, other times I use my 1-inch wide ceramic flat iron which straightens good from roots to tip but takes me like an hour & a half to do..I don't put any setting lotion or oil on my hair before I straighten it cuz it like "cooks" in my hair, I hear all of this sizzling and it smells burnt sorry if can't explain it well...then after I straighten it I apply the wrap/setting lotion depending if I'm going to wrap it or rollerset. It's when I did this that my hair reverted and I was too thru cuz my arms were aching from straightening my hair for over an hour /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back