Wrap And Airdry Anyone?

TJD3

Does anyone know how to wash and wrap their hair, have it airdry and still come out straight and nice without any heat?

Could you give some directions, also what kind of scarf? Im clueless! Thanks ladies!

Apply your leave in.
Part hair down center, from hairline to crown.
Start to comb or brush around head, just like you would with a dry wrap.
Continue combing until all hair is wrapped around head completely.
Tie down with silk scarf.

I don't know how long you will need to leave your hair like that to dry. I can't do that method myself, as my hair is too thick, but my girlfriend used to use that method and she'd be dry by morning.

I don't wrap my hair but I do Sylver's Scarf method minus the rollers. It works well for me. Oh, yeah, a satin scarf is all you need!

I have did this after washing and I use a cotton bandana to keep my pillow from getting soaked and it came out perfect but that was only after a fresh relaxer (which was no more than 4 weeks old for me) after 5 weeks the new growth makes my hair thicker than what it already is.

I have but it came out alittle frizzy but i haven't tried it since I got my serums so I think that would do the trick!!!!!!!! Other than that it was fine!!!!!!

I used to dry my hair like this.

I add leave in and Wild Growth oil to my hair and ends. This keeps my hair from getting frizzy while airdrying in the wrap.

I put a large magnetic roller on the top of my head, then wrap the rest around. I lightly use a baby brush to smooth and add a little shine serum (like NTM or Biosilk). I leave like this for about an hour then put my silk scarf on.

In the am I comb down. It doesn't look like I flat ironed it but it is straight, not frizzy and then I style. I wear a bun daily so I just put in a bun.

I do this, but I let my hair airdry loose before wrapping it, because if I wrap it wet, it will take the whole day and part of the next to dry. This is what I do:

-wash n' condition
-air dry
-grease scalp/oil hair
-wrap it and tie it down for the rest of the day/night, or a couple hours if I am going somewhere. I did that yesterday for my boyfriend's graduation, and it looked like I had a serious flat iron going on, but no heat at all! :D

Back