Wow, what a ripoff!

LovelyLionessa

Just out of curiousity I did a search on Sephora's website if they had any products containing henna when I stumbled on a product called Global Godess Shine Coconut Amla Revitalizing Hair Treatment. It has nice ingriedients:

Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, Amla Extract, Henna, Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil.

and a $45 price tag! :eek:

Looks us like us LHCFers know where to NOT get our Indian hair goodies that's for dang sure. :ohwell:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P140942&categoryId=B70#moreInfo

p.gif
p.gif

hmmm? Were those the only ingredients? Someone could probably come up with a copycat recipe for a heck of a lot cheaper....unless it comes in a gallon jug (I haven't checked the link).

I've got all those except avocado oil. All of them combined (and in bulk) didn't cost $45!

Most hair products at Sephora are advertised at ripoff prices. That was the first place I saw that $195 Frederic Fekkai Treatment. Glad you saved your money.

B_Phlyy said:
Most hair products at Sephora are advertised at ripoff prices. That was the first place I saw that $195 Frederic Fekkai Treatment. Glad you saved your money.

That's for sure.

Kimberly said:
hmmm? Were those the only ingredients? Someone could probably come up with a copycat recipe for a heck of a lot cheaper....unless it comes in a gallon jug (I haven't checked the link).

Those were the only ingriedients and for just 5 oz. too. :perplexed

Yeah, and that Fredric Fekkai overnight treatment for $195 is just plain insane. :dizzy:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P132210&categoryId=C10471

Even if I had that kinda of money to waste, I wouldn't buy those products. Good haircare products don't need to cost that much. :naughty:

Last edited:
I went to an Indian grocery store to pick up some Amla oil. Sign said grocery on the sign but they had a little bit of everything in there. Videos, jewelry, and clothes. Don't think I didn't get some bracelets along with my Tandoori chicken and hair care. I wondered what East Indian women used to take care of their hair. It's usually long and shiny. Good ol' Google lead me to Amla oil and Neem oil came up. I bought the Vatika and an amla oil blend. The smell is not too pretty on the Amla oil, definitely not a leave-in product. The Vatika is mostly coconut oil blended with many other oils. It didn't cost that much so I'll see how I like it.

Back