Wow! This treatment made my hair really amazing!!!

vevster

I read about this on another board and decided to try it. A women said she put Flax Oil(the kind you refrigerate and get in health food stores) on her head the night before she shampooed. She then shampooed as normal.

I tried it and got AMAZING results!

This is exactly what I did: Yesterday, I applied the flax oil to my dry scalp and hair. I wore a plastic cap overnight and shampood my hair w/ Aveda Sap Moss shampoo and used Elucence Moisture balancing CONDITIONER after. I considered the overnight oil treatment the deep conditioning(remember I have fine hair). I set my hair and sat under the dryer.

My hair is so shiny fabulous and bouncy I can't get over it!

I'm definitely doing this once or twice a month!

That's great, Vevster.
up.gif
I'll have to try that one out.

bookworm.gif

Seems like I just discovered my how to for the palm oil treatment.
Vevster, did you heat it up or apply cold from the bottle?

Re: Wow! This treatment made my hair really amazin

that stuff is expensive too...but i have a bottle with an expired date on it...guess i just found a use for it lol, since i probably will never take it, might as well pour it on my head
laugh.gif

You might as well, but I can't guarrantee results with rancid oil.

Fresh flax oil has active properties that work on the hair and scalp.

Remember the expression flaxen hair?? Maybe they used Flax oil on hair in the olden days.

[ QUOTE ]
vevster said:

Remember the expression flaxen hair?? Maybe they used Flax oil on hair in the olden days.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Flaxen" is referring to a color. Specifically having the pale grayish-yellow, pale yellow to yellowish brown color of flax fiber, but I'm sure someone somewhere used Flax oil on their hair for treatment.

My bottles are prahhhhbably expired, but I'll try it on my next wash.

Thats great!
smile.gif
thanks for sharing. what brand of the oil did u use?

Hey
wave.gif
, just to add my two pennies and a nickel, the Oleic,Linoleic,Alpha-Linoleic, Stearic, and Palmitic Acid found in Flax oil (cold-pressed)is also found in Aphogee's Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate... I got mine for $8.99 16 fl oz. Here are the ingredients...for the ApHOGEE...

Ingredients: Soybean Oil (Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid), Lecithin, Sesame Oil, Corn Oil, Benzoic Acid, and Proplyparaben.

It saves me about 2 bucks to use 16 oz. of ApHOGEE vs. using the Flax Oil from the vitamin isle (buying 2 8 oz. bottles). HTH

[ QUOTE ]
AllAboutTheHair said:
Hey
wave.gif
, just to add my two pennies and a nickel, the Oleic,Linoleic,Alpha-Linoleic, Stearic, and Palmitic Acid found in Flax oil (cold-pressed)is also found in Aphogee's Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate... I got mine for $8.99 16 fl oz. Here are the ingredients...for the ApHOGEE...

Ingredients: Soybean Oil (Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid), Lecithin, Sesame Oil, Corn Oil, Benzoic Acid, and Proplyparaben.

It saves me about 2 bucks to use 16 oz. of ApHOGEE vs. using the Flax Oil from the vitamin isle (buying 2 8 oz. bottles). HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, I have this stuff. I forgot about it too. I'll guess I'll dust it off sometime in the near future.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NYCchild said:
Thats great!
smile.gif
thanks for sharing. what brand of the oil did u use?

[/ QUOTE ]

The brand of Flax Oil I used was Barleans.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, just to add my two pennies and a nickel, the Oleic,Linoleic,Alpha-Linoleic, Stearic, and Palmitic Acid found in Flax oil (cold-pressed)is also found in Aphogee's Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, BUT that product is full of other stuff.

I cant guarrantee the same results unless you use FRESH, undiluted FLAX OIL. I don't even think you have to use the same brand I did, it just has to be fresh.

I took mine from the fridge and put it BACK in the fridge.

I really have to try my flaxseed oil on my hair. Someone here (Sterry, I think) mentioned putting it on her ends too.

Here is another hair use for the flaxseeds. I haven't tried this yet but I may.

http://www.herbs2000.com/h_menu/1_beauty.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Flaxseed setting lotion. Try combing in this mixture to give body to thin, limp hair.

1/3 cup flaxseeds
1 cup water Crush the flaxseeds with a spoon. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Then reduce the heat and stir the flaxseeds into the simmering water, a teaspoon at a time, until the mixture thickens. Strain out the seeds and thin the mixture to the desired consistency.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.vegparadise.com/highestperch53.html

[ QUOTE ]
People today can make their own hair-setting gel by boiling flaxseed in water to extract its mucilaginous contents. The flaxseeds are then strained off and the liquid cooled to a gel consistency before it is ready to use.

Surprisingly, 1 tablespoon of the little flaxseeds offer a full range of B vitamins with 33.4 mcg of folic acid. Additionally, that tablespoon contains 23.9 mg of calcium, 43.4 mg of magnesium, 82 mg of potassium, and trace amounts of iron and zinc. Flaxseeds contain linolenic acid (the Omega-3 fatty acid) and linoleic acid (the Omega-6 fatty acid), both essential to human health.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like it's worth a try. I was eying flax oil at the store but I wasn't sure it could be used on hair so I didn't get it. A lot of naturals swear by flax seed hair gel. I would love to try it out but i'm no kitchen chemist.

i may aswell try this b4 my relaxer. i take it internally and i can smell it on my hair anyway. this sounds great

Back