Wow - Spiritual Upgrade: DRESS ME UP!

upandcoming

I am praying for strength, strength to be the kind of witness He would have me be. This morning I was reading Romans 8 and I was reminded of the spiritual warfare that is present everyday and I was just kind of like, "man." Then tonight I read cocoberry's post and I started thinking of my day and wondered if the things I said or did to people were pleasing to Him and a good representation of our Father. Would he be pleased with me, did I try my best? When I cleaned my room, did I clean it onto Him? When I spoke to my sister and brother in law, did I represent HIM? When my aunt came over, did I listen to her and speak to her in love? Did I listen to the Holy Spirit, did I allow Him to lead me in conversations with others?
Please read below, it's long I know.

WHY is it that some days it seems like it's really easy for me to walk with the Spirit and then other days I just forget who HE is and it's HARD. And I see a side of me that was GONE. Before I became saved I was....definitely living in the world; my attitude, my lifestyle, everything.I have to remind myself that Jesus' blood killed that person. Leave that corspe alone. I'm NOW a slave to righteousness - HIS WORD SAYS SO. Confess with my mouth and ask for forgiveness and keep on heading towards the path of righteousness, not veering left or right but straight way to the kingdom. IT'S MORE THAN OKAY, I'VE GOT JESUS.

I still have some of those things that aren't pleasing to the Lord and it just humbles me and REMINDS me that I TRULY need that armor of God speaks to us about in Ephesians 6:10 -17. I CANNOT DO IT ON MY OWN.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

LADIES ARE WE DRESSED?

Ladies when I'm not praying and not on guard like a soldier, when I'm not listening to my gospel songs and realllllly praying with the Word and taking my devotion seriously and giving Jesus the time He deserves, I AM NOT FRUITFUL. IT DOES NOT WORK. Before I was saved it looked like it was working; somehow I got great grades and had 'friends' and 'lived' by His grace. The closer I get to God, the more I grow intimate with Him... I have realized that I can only be renewed and refilled daily by His flowing gentle Spirit. That's it. I need HIM everyday, ALL DAY. He's my water. When I'm parched I just don't work. I just pray for all of the women on this board that we hold onto our Bibles and to our GOD, during the good times, during the bad times...alllllllll the time! Let's not wait for our Job like moments.

I pray that we get dressed EVERYDAY according to His will, in accordance with HIS WORD. Let's not forget to dress our souls. Am I spending more time on my exterior self than I am within the BODY OF CHRIST? PRE POOING AND BAGGING and forgetting about my SAVIOR?!Jesus. Where am I storing my treasures? Are we worshipping God's gifts to us (good looks, money, hair, a loved one, a job, ANYTHING) or our GOD, our Lord, our Savior, our REDEEMER, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA? Jesus!

Lord Jesus I pray that your will will be done. I pray that we will be dressed in your eyes Lord. I pray for strength and I pray for the faithfulness of your people. Thank you.

It is in Jesus' name that we pray, amen.

Last edited:
Back