WOW! I got THE question!

atl_mulattamami

So I was at work the other day and I had straightened and flipped out my hair. I was getting tons of compliments and finally this girl came up and asked "Is that a wig or weave?" I said no that's my own hair! And she touched it and said ohhh are you mixed with something. I said well my mother is white but my hair is healthy because i take care of it not cuz im mixed. She laughed and said girl you a trip you just got that good hair!

Lmao, congrats!!! I'm waiting for that day as well when someone comes to me and ask me if my hair is a weave. It'll be a dream come true.:lol:

Yay! You are really taking care of your hair if that you got that question. I know all the hard work feels soooo worth it..lol I know we do it for ourselves but its like yea I a beating the stereotype.

After I took my braids out last week and got my hair relaxed and styled my 13 year old son told me that my hair looked like a wig. I took it as a complient

Girl,
Your hair is coming along nicely and yes, it is nice, thick and looking like a weave!!! (I mean, it's gorgeous, that's what i mean!!!) It looks so healthy, and just think as it gets longer, you'll even be asked that question more often when you straighten it out cause you know "black women can't grow no long hair, gotta be a weave or a wig!!!)

You grow girl. (love, love, love your texture and how thick it is!!)

atl_mulattamami said:
I said well my mother is white but my hair is healthy because i take care of it not cuz im mixed.

Good answer!!!!
36_1_55.gif

people has been asking me do I wear a weave/wig...what kinda relaxer I use since I can remember. I hate that. I use to have a boyfriend and whenever his mother saw me she swore I was wearing a wig. I recently just started a new job and ever chick in that place thinks I have a weave.

how come when someone has healthy hair it has to equal a weave/wig?

Last edited:
You Grow Girl!! I would definately take it as a compliment. Let's you know your hard work is paying off. ( in the health and length department) :cool:

Congratulations Mulattamami and a good answer to her question.
It's not the hair itself it's the care, and you take excellent care of yours. :)

Back