WOW HoneyLemonDrop!!!! How did you acheive

<--- laaaaaaate as usual! Your hair is beautiful! Very shiny and thick. I'm glad buns are working out for you!

HLD, so you don't relax your nape or hairline at all? Btw, your hair looks great /images/graemlins/smile.gif
KT, when you say you relax your edges but not the fine hairs along your hairline...what is the difference? I've also been loving my hairline (I'm 11 weeks post relaxer) and was thinking of skipping it on my next touch up.

Thanks again ladies /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Atlien, I take my bun out every day, spritz with water, remoisturize if necessary, finger comb and put it right back up in a bun, then satin scarf it for the night. Right now, I wash every 4 days.

Faith, I use protectant (you know that gel grease stuff) on my hair line and I dont let the relaxer touch it, but where the hair begins to thicken up, I tend to relax that part, that is the last section I do for the shortest period of time. I wish I could actually show you because it's kind of hard to explain. But I hope this helps /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

WOW!! I've never seen your album before...your hair is amazing!!!! I absolutely love it!

[ QUOTE ]
HLD, so you don't relax your nape or hairline at all? Btw, your hair looks great /images/graemlins/smile.gif
KT, when you say you relax your edges but not the fine hairs along your hairline...what is the difference? I've also been loving my hairline (I'm 11 weeks post relaxer) and was thinking of skipping it on my next touch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it sounds confusing. The "fine hairs" are aka "baby hair"; I don't like that term 'cause I'm grown. /images/graemlins/wink.gif And my "edges" is where my regular texture starts to thicken up. I hope that makes sense. My "baby hair" would get overprocessed and look very dry when I relaxed them.

I discovered my natural hairline texture when I transitioned a while ago. The very fine hairs/baby hair come further down on my face. I tend to brush them back with a toothbrush, so I don't look like Latoya Jackson. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This is the best photo I could find. hair line/edges

Sorry for hijacking.

Thanks HLD and KT.
KT I got it...the hair closer to the forehead is the one you don't relax. I have actually been thinking about it for a few weeks now. This has helped me decide to either leave it alone or just apply the relaxer for about 30seconds(by the time I apply it I'm rinsing it).

Your welcome Faith, I definitely see how it could be confusing. Especially because everyone's hairline is kinda different. Some have a lot of fine hairs just a swirlin all over the place then the hair hair begins, lol. And other's have just a bit of fine hair. Where you start the relaxing process is pretty much up to the individual.

Hey HLD, /images/graemlins/wave.gif
I was wondering how much of your nape do you NOT relax? I'm thinking for me maybe 1/3 of an inch. Thanks! Again your hair looks great!!!

Thanks ladies /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Kitchen tician, I go about an inch up from my nape. Everything below that remains untouched.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks ladies /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Kitchen tician, I go about an inch up from my nape. Everything below that remains untouched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks HLD! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Back