WOW - Accidental Curly Look!!!!

bklyncurly

Accidental Curly Look!!!!
(A little wordy, but worth it)

Wow, I can’t believe what happened to my hair last night.
First, let me start by saying that I’m having hand surgery in December, so I was freaking out just imagining how tore up my hair is going to look because I won’t be able to blow dry or flat iron it (right hand will be in splint)! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyway, I went shopping yesterday and forgot my brace! My hand was aching when I got home, but I managed to wash my hair and deep con for 15 min (castor oil & WELLA Intensive Tx). After I rinsed out the conditioner, I applied some Surge, Woojee Cream and MoistureAid. I was just getting ready to attempt to blow dry my hair, when I decided I’m going to try something new. So, I put some more castor oil on my hair, plastic cap, and back I went under the dryer for 15 minutes (low heat). I took the bag off, used a towel to sop up some of the excess water (my hair soaks up water like a sponge) and let it air dry (about 5 hours). WOW!!! I was totally shocked at my hair. Curl definition like I have never had before. Even my mother loved it!! That in itself was amazing. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I have been trying for what feels like forever to get my naturally curly hair to stay that way after it dries!! I spent a small fortune on curl defining crème, curl activator, gels, etc. I have hair products everywhere – 3 drawers in my bedroom, under the sink in the kitchen, and a basket in the closet in the bathroom. Who would have thought simple castor oil and a little leave-in combined with heat would do the trick! I’ve been transitioning since December 2003 and I had forgotten what my REAL hair texture was like. It has been an uphill battle, and an expensive battle at that! But now I know how I will be wearing my hair while my hand heals!! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

I wanted to share my journey with you guys, because like many of you I have VERY THICK hair. My hair would look curly when wet, but a nice kinky fro if I let it air dry. It would look okay, but not really springy curls like I had last night.

I’m sure someone has tried this before, but I couldn’t find a post and please forgive me if this has been mentioned before. I just wanted to share. You guys have given me so much help, I hope I can help a little in return. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

It sounds like it turned out very pretty. Sometimes the simplest things do the trick.

I hope that your hand surgery goes well and that your hand heals soon /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

Thanks Nay, Pookeylou, and MsPortugal! It's been a long road . . .

/images/graemlins/antlers.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back