Would you walk away?

What would you do?

• I would leave him alone, it could get messy.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I would continue to see him, my happiness comes first.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • It depends (explain)

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

What would you do if you liked someone and later found out he is friends with your ex? Would you leave him alone or continue to see him?

so many factors....ie. how good friends are they? was there a messy breakup?? are you friendly with your ex? etc, etc.

i say just go with your gut and comfort level.

I've only been in 2 serious long term relationships and I'm still friends with both of my exes, so I would not continue dating this person.

However, if the person was friends with a guy that I used to only date... all bets are off if he's a good catch.

I've seen this get messy second hand. My friend was seeing a guy who was friends with her ex, all he did was bad talk her, lie about her and really tried to turn the guy off from my friend. It was bad. They wound up breaking up and all friendships were done.

But of course this was THEIR situation...it doesnt necessarily have to be yours. I'm just saying it can go many ways depending on the party, especially if he/she is bitter.

I wouldn't walk away. But I would make sure I would be open about everything to avoid confusion.

this reminds me of the episode of girlfriends when toni dated joan's ex. I say walk away if they are relatively close friends and maintain contact with each other. It can get really messy and awkward. On the other hand, if it's someone he knew in high school and hasn't had any contact with besides fb/twitter, I say go for it. Just be honest about what happened like someone else mentioned.

so many factors....ie. how good friends are they? was there a messy breakup?? are you friendly with your ex? etc, etc.

i say just go with your gut and comfort level.
I figure if they were good friends I would have know about him while with the ex. IMHO men are not as catty about dating ex's as women are.

If they were really really friends don't you think you would've knew this guy? Heard of em, ran into em in passing or something?

I figure if they were good friends I would have know about him while with the ex. IMHO men are not as catty about dating ex's as women are.
You believe that if you want to lol. If you were a jumpoff (and most times that don't matter either) they might not care as much. People are some type of way about that stuff esp when they don't have someone else or haven't let go. I know from my brother at times they have given friends the chicks number so one of the other friends have a chance to hit the chick too. Now if it was serious that's going to be a problem. I don't think I would do it cause I feel that I can meet someone just as good/better that don't have no connections that could potentially start any mess.

Thanks ladies...good responses.

We both agreed to keep seeing one another. Me and my ex are not friendly but we have 3 children together so we are cordial w/eachother. We were together 9yrs(met@19) & know all...or most of his friends. This guy I never met but they have known eachother for 22yrs or so. They dont really hang out or anything...so idk what kind of relationship they have.

Back