Would you still be close to his family?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Is it a good idea to still keep in touch with an ex's fam? They still like you and still ask about you when holiday's come around, or they just like talking to you. Is that a good idea or keep them in the past just like the ex?

I would be polite to them if I see them on the street or if they ever give me a call to check up on me but other than that we have nothing to discuss

I would be polite to them if I see them on the street or if they ever give me a call to check up on me but other than that we have nothing to discuss

Agreed. I generally put them behind me with the ex. I've never been in a situation where I had a legitimate reason to be in touch with an ex's friends/fam. Plus, from watching others do it, it can get SO sticky and complicated. :ohwell:

I don't even do that much:look:.

My friend who I've discussed before here (the one who bought the ex a car) does it with her ex main squeeze(same guy). And she has the nerve to get upset when they discuss his new girl. She was invited to a cookout and she was fore warned that the new girl was there and she got upset. I said, "I told you so!"

Once its over, its over with me, him, his mom, dad, grand mom, cousins, friends, unless they are mutual friends.

My motto after my divorce was you marry in and your marry OUT of a family. His sister and I were very close. It also helped that we weren't in the same city. But I can still call her up to this day and we can talk for hours. Although we have two kids together, my kids can still know that side of the family without me being around. That is what their dad is for. I think alot of women use this as an excuse to stay connected to the father. Some men do this too.

I did. I was very close to my ex's mom. After we broke up, I still kept in contact with her because she was very sweet to me. Even though it was really hard at times, especially right after the break up when I was trying to get over him. I would still come over and see his mom and he would use that to try to talk to me again.

That went on for about 4 years and then all of a sudden his mom stopped calling. I would call and leave messages and she wouldnt call back. My feelings were a little hurt. I do miss her :sad:

I don't even do that much:look:.

My friend who I've discussed before here (the one who bought the ex a car) does it with her ex main squeeze(same guy). And she has the nerve to get upset when they discuss his new girl. She was invited to a cookout and she was fore warned that the new girl was there and she got upset. I said, "I told you so!"

Once its over, its over with me, him, his mom, dad, grand mom, cousins, friends, unless they are mutual friends.

Wow she brought her ex a car? Did she get the car back?

I did. I was very close to my ex's mom. After we broke up, I still kept in contact with her because she was very sweet to me. Even though it was really hard at times, especially right after the break up when I was trying to get over him. I would still come over and see his mom and he would use that to try to talk to me again.

That went on for about 4 years and then all of a sudden his mom stopped calling. I would call and leave messages and she wouldnt call back. My feelings were a little hurt. I do miss her :sad:

Aww 4 years wow, why ya didn't back together if you were in his life indirectly that long?

Aww 4 years wow, why ya didn't back together if you were in his life indirectly that long?

Oh he did try to get back with me. He called me back in january saing how he misses me and he coulda married me, yadda yadda. He plays too many games. I'm happy I'm not with him anymore. He's defnitely not someone I need to be in a relationship with.:nono:

Wow she brought her ex a car? Did she get the car back?

NOPE!! And to make it so bad, she sees other girls in it, driving, the whole nine. I told her to get it out her name, she says she isn't because "how is he going to get to work?" I told her its not her problem, but I realized that this is her way of keeping in touch with him. It'll bite her in the behind.

If you are married that's a different story. If you weren't married send a Xmas card and leave it at that.

Back