Would you pay these prices?

Some of those prices are normal for a high end salon. When I was getting the Phyto relaxer, it was $140. I like the results of the relaxer but the Design Essentials/Affirm that I am getting now is half the price.

Marcia at laVar use to do my relaxers no complaints she did a bang up job. However the price of a touch 1 year ago was 72 dollares. In May I paid 82 dollars for a touch up. Now I have learn to relax my own hair so i no longer need her services.

Well I notice that she charges 96 for a relaxer retouch -- my stylist charges 80 so that wouldn't be much of a difference. As far as the weave, I would pay it because her weaves are the bomb! I was recently reading about her in InStyle mag and there were photos of her work....I think she's worth it, and given wealth and access to her salon I'd definately pay it.

Chayil

I guess these prices are based on where you live. I don't live in a big city so I of course feel these prices are extreme. My sister works in a beauty salon in downtown Chicago and the prices that they charge are way to high in my opinion. She tells me I am just too cheap. I'm like Laydee, I wether put this money into my savings or Roth IRA. For 200 plus dollars, I want a hairstyle to last a long time. I need to really feel the difference.

well, i would not pay for her hair sevices, but the other services seem reasonable...like permanant eyeliner 200.00..

These prices are in my opinion to keep a certain clientelle. They cater to people who have $ and don't mind to spend it. I would not pay those prices, but I won't knock those who do. I think of the Curve Salon and the prices they charge. :eek: It is a steep price to pay, but the ladies on this board that do go have fabulous hair. I would go if someone paid for it, but wouldn't pay the price myself.:lol:

I wouldn't pay those kind of prices anyway, but definitely not after seeing that show! Love it, but I'll pass on her being my stylist :look: !!

I actually didn't think they were that high all things considering BUT price aside, if I were in the market for a weave, I'd prefer Reneice.

p1

SIX HUNDRED FOR A WEAVE??? See, this is why we as Black women need to learn better hair care. For a FRACTION of that price I'd do it my self, and use the money to buy top-of-the-line salon at-home hair care products.

Right now that type of money on my hair is completely out of the question, with that being said if I did have the money I would only spend that type of dough if I was 100% sure she would do a fab job on my hair and if I really didn’t trust anyone else to do it.

I have not been able to find a person I could feel that way about so I am completely content with saving all of my money and doing my hair myself, I trust myself and I have no1 to blame but myself if I mess up my hair :perplexed

I dont even have to look at the list to know the prices are more than likely outta my range. After I seen the episode where the lady was getting $1200 worth of hair in her head that tipped me off. *edit* Ok the prices are more reasonable than I thought. Not for my pocket for her being a celeb stylist very reasonable.

Okay, I just read the first page, and I'm joining the HELL TO THA NAW club. That's crazy. A wash and style is more than I pay for relaxers. WTH!!! I'm glad there are folks in the world that have disposable money to pay for stuff like that. Frankly, I can't see how their wash and press would be better than my stylist's!!!!

NO, not at all, after watching a few episodes I feel that the environment is very negative. And I have yet to see a nice head of hair leaving that shop. I've been to a "celebrity hairstylist" needless to say I was not impressed at all and she cares nothing about haircare, its all about the style.

Last edited:
The relaxer services prices are not that high....i have paid those prices at "non-star" salons. The braids and weave prices though are outrageous.

pistachio said:
SIX HUNDRED FOR A WEAVE??? See, this is why we as Black women need to learn better hair care. For a FRACTION of that price I'd do it my self, and use the money to buy top-of-the-line salon at-home hair care products.

C/S - strongly

Back