Would you pay $185?

sunshinelady

Every time I think about getting my hair braided in medium micros, the folks freak out when I show them my hair. My hair is only shoulder length. Do you think that is good price including hair? Maybe I'm just being a cheapskate.

Too expensive according to me.
But then again, I know that the place where I used to do my braids were not used to have customers with hair longer than chin length. when the hair was longer or a different texture (than 4a/b) they would pump the price like nobody's business

I haven't had micros in awhile, but I think that $185 is about average. Especially if the hair is included.

Yep, I used to pay that much until they cut my real hair to pieces.:nono:

No more though.Their "cleaning" left some of my hair less than an inch and I've always had at least 6.

When I showed the owner what the lady did, she said "it's not that bad" I never returned.

Yep, I used to pay that much until they cut my real hair to pieces.:nono:

No more though.Their "cleaning" left some of my hair less than an inch and I've always had at least 6.

When I showed the owner what the lady did, she said "it's not that bad" I never returned.

I've unfortunately had this happen to me.

That would be the average price. I pay alot more because i have to buy hair. And mine usually is $140.00 and thats at a salon not including hair.

When i was in South florida the average is from $150 to $200 and thats not including hair.

I think the cheapest i got was when i went to a African lady was like $120 or $140 including hair. But she took off because of gas.

Yes that is the average price around my neck of the woods. High prices like this made me learn how to braid. If you watch the free online braid video or buy Braidsbybreslin dvd you could master some micros in no time.

A few people have commented in my fotki page that where they live they can offer people food to get their braids done. :ohwell: I wish I had hungry braiders living around me. I never heard that before. But two people say its true.

Will braid hair for food.

Last edited:
I've payed almost $200 at a braid shop and $100 plus the cost of hair at someone's house.

I love the quickness of the braid shop, I was out in 5 hours and I had 3-4 braiders working on my hair. BUT I love the price and the quality of the home braider (I wish I had her number now), the braids were mirco but so easy to take out, but it took 8 hours with 2 braiders.

this is why I love NYC.... I can go to 125th almost 24/7 and get micros for less $100 ( less if I cry broke to my regular girl)

I live in Maryland and these girls be wanting $250+

I just cant pay it... so If I wanted braids, Id coordinate my appointment with my visits home...

this is why I love NYC.... I can go to 125th almost 24/7 and get micros for less $100 ( less if I cry broke to my regular girl)

I live in Maryland and these girls be wanting $250+

I just cant pay it... so If I wanted braids, Id coordinate my appointment with my visits home...

I agree with this entire post. Unless you're in NYC where the competiion is stiff, that is a GREAT price.

yup...average price in Cali 2...125-200 give or take where you go. i don't have no one where i am so i'm doing them myself.

That's the average going rate in my area. But even I do them and I don't charge that darn much. And you got some slow *** braiders around here too, who'll charge by the freakin hours, and ON PURPOSE too. Charging by the hour isn't right IMO. So if you can't find a close friend or relative to do them for you, then that price is pretty good, provided they're good at what they do.

yeah...it depends on where you live. like others have said, if you live in nyc, that price is outrageous :nono:

if not, its really subjective. I'm from the philly area and that price seems a bit steep to me even including hair:look: but then again, i always get it braided in ny...

ROADTRIP!:grin:

About $75 in Harlem on Mon-Wed, $90-$100 on weekends. So many braiders that you can negotiate.

Hair was not included, but depending on what type of hair and whether you paid in cash (tax free) or credit card.....you can get a good deal.

Bring your own hair........salons chareg too much for hair

OP why are we microbraiding, when you know it will reek havoc on your temples?

Any how....if its too much money, do what my sister does. She gets the halo microbraided and the get a sew in in the middle, you cant even tell. She does this with wet an wavy hair.

I pay $150 not including hair. I buy kanekolon hair for about $8/pack. Use about 21/2 packs. SO in the end, I pay about $175. I don't think it's unreasonable.

Be careful that the braider isn't yanking your hair out when they braid or using glue to seal the braid. If a person is freaking out because they have to do SL hair, I would keep it moving. Prolly means she is used to dealing with ear length hair (and wants to keep it that way) or she is just lazy because she will have to braid further down. Either way, keep it moving.:yep: You don't want a braid horror story.

Last edited:
I pay closer to $200.00 for mine, but I don't consider them micros...I actually always feel obigated to tip too, with my big head and all this hair...your deal sounds like a good one:rolleyes:

About $75 in Harlem on Mon-Wed, $90-$100 on weekends. So many braiders that you can negotiate.

Hair was not included, but depending on what type of hair and whether you paid in cash (tax free) or credit card.....you can get a good deal.

125th st!!!
yesssssssssssssssssssss I miss HOME!!!

Ooo I know that's right. Don't forget colors...I know I have specific hh colors i love and the salons don't carry

speak'n of temples
tenjoy you know what if I look at my temples wrong, they'll shed :spinning:.

If ya'll leave your temples alone do they ever thicken up? I've haven't had thick temples since I was a kid...I never thought about it like this until now...I don't think my hair will ever be as thick as it was as a child. Just my personal observation.

Every time I think about getting my hair braided in medium micros, the folks freak out when I show them my hair. My hair is only shoulder length. Do you think that is good price including hair? Maybe I'm just being a cheapskate.

YES. For Ne ohio, I know some salons charge by the hour, the braid, and most salons that do good work start at $225. I mean but they do have 2-4 ppl working on your head, and you can get micros done in like 5 hrs. I am a braider myself, and I charge my mom $125 for her single micros, and that doesn't include hair. But hey, I think that's a good price. Jmho

Back