would you mix these two conditioners?

ladylibra_30

i really love the results i get from loreal feria color moisturizing treatment. it detangled my hair and left it smooth/silky. my hair feels like spun silk and it's airy/light! it actually glistens! it's also good for my colored hair. what in carnation more could i ask for?!

yesterday when i got home i was looking through my hair products and in my stash i have loreal vive color care conditioner for dry hair
antlers.gif

i did an ingredient comparison check and was shocked and then not so shocked considering the products were manufactured by the same people (did you know loreal is also lancome, maybelline, & redken?)

anyway there are only 2 diferrences! both conditioners include: water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, fragrance, methylparaben, trideceth-12, cetrimonium chloride, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, amodimethicone.
(i'm sure i misspelled some of these jokers
grin.gif
)

now the differences are:
feria ($7.99)-has glycerin and f.i.l code: d1073/1
vive($2.99)-has camphor benzalkonium methosulfate and f.i.l #d1960/2

i figure (trying to be a kitchen chemist
crazy.gif
) that i could add a 'lil bit' of vive to the feria to stretch the conditioner. i only used the vive one time (i air-dried and used vive serum-i liked the results but i am CRAZY INLOVE for the feria) and i want to find a way to use it up. after i've used it up i won't purchase it again (i'll only buy the vive shampoo, vive mask, feria, and the serum)
cool.gif

please help me make a decision...all comments/ideas will be appreciated. thank you and thank you again
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
(did you know loreal is also lancome, maybelline, & redken?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeap.
smile.gif

It's something else how some of these companies make the same product, give it two different names and two different prices.

It certainly can't hurt to try it at least once to see how you like -- you never try, you never know! I will note the the main difference could be the glycerin in feria (glycerin is a powerful humectant) -- it could make all the differnce in the world if 2 products have all the same ingredients, except that one has glycerin and other doesn't . . .

I think it would be a great way to stretch it. I love the Feria too, and I think it's potent enough that nothing about the other L'oreal product would be a problem.

update:

first, i just want to again thank everyone who replied.
second, i was brave enough to mix these two conditioners and i am glad that i did. i got the same results as i did when i used the feria solo. it's a great way to USE UP the loreal vive that i have. while i had good luck w/this mixture, i do not plan on buying the vive again....from now own i am a feria chick. i also loved the loreal vive shampoo so i will be buying it again.

Back