Would you consider this Hayashi Sytems 911 stuff a protein conditioner? And...

Esq.2B

would you follow it up with a moisturizing DC? Or would you use it as a final rinse out condish? I'm a little confused.

When I saw it in TJ Maxx, I thought it was like a reconstructor because of the ingredients and the 1-2 minutes on the directions. But then I saw on Amazon that Hayashi makes a separate reconstructor so I'm a little confused about the purpose of this product. :perplexed:

Here's the product info:

Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Orchis Mascula Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk, Soluble Collagen, Stearmidopropyl Dimethylamine, Propylene Glycol, Ceteth-2, VP/VA Copolmer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Methylchlorosiothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance. ,

Directions
After shampooing, apply on wet hair, massage 1-2 minutes, rinse well.

911 Daily Conditioner for damaged, normal or color treated hair. Botanical extracts help seal color, moisturize, silken and strengthen while providing incredible shine.

I have it and the reconstructor. This is designed to be a more daily conditioner. Very similar to the daily Joico Kpak conditioner which doesn't need to be followed with anything afterwards. Leave it in for a couple of minutes and you're done. The reconstructor, if you are using it as directed, doesn't really need to be followed with anything besides a detangling rinse if you need the protein.

I have it and the reconstructor. This is designed to be a more daily conditioner. Very similar to the daily Joico Kpak conditioner which doesn't need to be followed with anything afterwards. Leave it in for a couple of minutes and you're done. The reconstructor, if you are using it as directed, doesn't really need to be followed with anything besides a detangling rinse if you need the protein.

Okay, thanks!! After I used it earlier, my hair was easy to detangle under running water. But it still felt a little stiff. I then DC'd w/ the Silk Elements moisturizing treatment and my hair felt better but still not back to it's normal softness (while wet). After drying, it felt good though.

Do you think it's a waste to DC after using this product? I'm wondering if this product coats the strands in a way that would make the DC pointless?

Okay, thanks!! After I used it earlier, my hair was easy to detangle under running water. But it still felt a little stiff. I then DC'd w/ the Silk Elements moisturizing treatment and my hair felt better but still not back to it's normal softness (while wet). After drying, it felt good though.

Do you think it's a waste to DC after using this product? I'm wondering if this product coats the strands in a way that would make the DC pointless?

IMO its a waste to deep condition after protein rinses because they still have a good amount of emollients and humectants. I mean, this reads as a moisturizing conditioner for the most part and depending on what other products someone was using, they could get away with this on its on as their moisture boost with extract targeted treatments here and there. Hair feeling stiff could be from something else and I always base my final opinion on my dried hair. I guess its a personal preference really because I don't look for super soft hair when wet anyway.

If your hair feels good then just use it once in a while when you are pretty much balanced and are looking to stay that way. If you try the reconstructor though especially with heat, you would probably follow up afterwards for 10-15 minutes or so with something else.

Back