Would you consider Alter Ego Garlic Treatment Moisturizing?

miss coco

I am currently using Rivas Silicon Mix for conditioning. It's a great moisturizing conditioner and provides a lot of slip. However, I tend to shed a lot around 6 wks post relaxer. I've seen that many members with shedding issues have gotten good results from using the alter ego garlic treatment. I was just wondering if this is a conditioner like a protein treatment that needs to be followed with something more moisturizing or is it similar to silicon mix?

Bumping because I'm interested also.
I love my Silicon Mix, but I have been having a lot of shedding lately and am planning to buy this treatment tomorrow. Should a another conditioner (moisturizing) follow?

Okay, doesn't take much to convince me. I'll be trying it out soon. I just hope it helps with the shedding. Thanks ladies! :)

I went to the BSS by my mom's today and they had it. It was close to $40 for the large jar. I wasn't sure I wanted this size so will be back later this week when they restock the smaller size.

I love this BSS, they have everything from the Dominican products to the more expensive brands. I even found the JBC oil there today (and bought it;) ). It's right on the corner of her block. I'll atually be back tomorrow to exchange something I got today.:D

THIS IS A KEEPER FOR ME. I BOUGHT MINE ON-LINE. I CANT REMEMBER FOR HOW MUCH BUT I KNOW IT WAS LESS THAN $20.00. IT HELPED ME OUT A LOT WITH MY SHEDDING. THE TX IS FOR THE SCALP SO A JAR WILL LAST A LONG TIME. YOU WILL FIND IT TO BE VERY MOISTURIZING IF YOU CHOOSE TO PUT IT ON YOUR WHOLE STRAND. AS I APPLY IT TO MY SCALP, OF COURSE SOME GET ON MY NEW GROWTH AND IT MAKES IT SOOOO SOFT AND MANAGEABLE.

I USED IT THIS WEEK END:
I PRE-POO WITH APRETENDORA (DOMINICAN PRE POO)
WASH WITH CON
APPLIED ALTER EGO TO SCALP ONLY
APPLIED ORS REPLENISHING PAK TO ENTIRE STRAND
SAT UNDER DRYER FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES
EVEN THOUGH MY HAIR WAS REALLY SOFT I DID A QUICK RINSE WITH SILICON MIX JUST TO GET THE ADDED SLIP.

HAIR CAME OUT SOOOO SOFT. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW AND IT HAS HELPED OUT DRASTICALLY WITH THE SHEDDING I WAS SUFFERING FROM DUE TO MEDICAL TX.

YOU WILL LOVE THIS

I have not noticed the decrease in shedding from using this. However, it does not leave my hair hard but it does leave it feeling slimy (too coated like its full of silicones). I don't like it.

keep me posted buttaflye! since you have silicon mix you could do a really good comparison. hope it works out for you :)

Thanks. You know I love my Silicon Mix! I'm hoping the garlic will help with shedding as well as give me moisture (I'll probably run a lil silicon quickly thru right after though:look: )

you would love this it's extremely moisturizing and it gives alot of slip and the smell is divine, i put it all over my hair, I part my hair with my fingers and put it in the scalp first and then proceed to put it in my hair I'll cover with a plastic cap and do chores and stuff when i rinse it out I don't need anything extra you would love it, good luck:)

Alter Ego garlic and Alter Ego coconut mask are now my go to products. What a shame about the cost but the products work, very small amounts are needed to coat scalp and strands; both products have stopped the breakage and I cannot believe I'm 10 weeks post touch-up with soft, wavy roots.

Alter Ego garlic and Alter Ego coconut mask are now my go to products. What a shame about the cost but the products work, very small amounts are needed to coat scalp and strands; both products have stopped the breakage and I cannot believe I'm 10 weeks post touch-up with soft, wavy roots.

I just got hooked to the alter ego energizing treatment. I tried it today and oh my goodness. Silky, smooth, soft, I could just go on and on. I really didn't want to get hooked to products that I can't buy locally but I have got to have this in my life. I have the garlic one too, I just haven't tried it yet.

They do cost alot but you are right, you don't need much. I am not looking at their other stuff.

Yes, yes, yes, GYM..Alter Ego products for sure! I am so sorry I did not buy some earler..would have saved a lot of experimentation and $$$$. Alter Ego coconut and the garlic are so great-the price is offset by the small amounts needed....I really like those two products..I'll probably be buying some of the others after I check them out but first trying NUNAAT..I just ordered the Brazillian products from Nunaat--{warning..the Nunaat poos have SLS}

Back