Would you call off work over a break up?

Vinyl

I'm younger than most of the ladies here... and I guess I'm looking for adult advice. We broke up early this morning, and I'm afraid going into work will just provide me with six hours to be hurt over it while I'm bored at work. I could call off still... I would lost money, but at this stage in my life I don't need it.

Should I go in still? May seem like a silly thing to ask, but... I just wonder if it's a good idea.

It depends....sometimes you just need to go in just to get your mind to focus on something else but if it was a really bad breakup and you are constantly crying/upset and won't be productive then going to work would really be a waste of time.

BUT you shouldn't be moping around and feeling sorry for yourself - life shouldn't stop, if you can you should go.

If you take a day off, how would your supervisor react?

Have you taken a lot of days off in the past?

If not, then I would stay home. Depending on the relationship, you'll need time to heal.

I went to work the day after my ex told me about all the women he slept with, in detail. I was a cashier and it was hard trying to fight back tears behing the register.:ohwell:

I think it's good to cry and ball for a bit and then get up and move on....

I went to work the day after my ex told me about all the women he slept with, in detail. I was a cashier and it was hard trying to fight back tears behing the register.:ohwell:
QUOTE]

Are you kidding? I am so sorry to hear that! Some men can be really cruel

OP -

I would stay home, but only if you can afford to spare a day.

If you are sobbing uncontrollably. Stay home!
If you can pull it together...go make that :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

I tend to go to work through everything. I'd rather focus on something I can change than harp on something I can't change. But I'm a bit of a robot. Only you know how much you can handle. :bighug: I hope you get back to feeling like yourself again soon. :yep:

I called out once over a break up. I was really upset, thought the world was going to end. I just spent the whole day crying. I just couldn't go in in my state of mind.

Yeah: I mean you do need time to mourn over the loss. I'd stay at home, watch a bunch of TV, eat whatever, maybe find somebody to chat about it with, talk to us :hug3: etc.

Give yourself a limit though. Mourn on a timeline.

I have before behind a break up and a bad fight. It depends on your work environment. I work with kids and they can pick up on emotions quick so I'd rather not subject myself to the sixth degree by my sixth graders. If you choose to stay home, think of all the things and projects you always wanted to do for yourself, plan them out, and then do them. Short projecs would be treating yourself to a manicure, pedicure, spa day, shopping. Longterm projects would be starting a fitness program, redecorating your room/house, something that'll bring about a positive change.

Working is great when you're down...you get to think about something else than yourself :perplexed

I know what it's like to go to the bathroom and cry it out :cry:

In 9 cases out of 10 it's better to stay occupied. Don't go into the "monkey brain" stage :nono:

From hereon - only forwards and upwards!! Positive thinking is what helped me the most!!

Back