Would YOU buy this from Craigslist? Feedback needed!

soon2bsl

Hey ladies! So I'm on the hunt for a good quality flat iron because I plan on straightening my hair for the first time since I began my transition a year ago. After reading lots of reviews on here, I was deciding on ordering the FHI platform in the next month or so. However I was on Craigslist and saw a gently used Solia for sale for $30! The ad said it was only used for 2 months. I thought this was a really good deal, so I just started reading some older threads on here about the Solia.

The seller said nothing's wrong with the iron, they purchased it from folica.com last October for $80, and for Christmas got a wet to dry iron, so they don't need the other one now.

So...although I know that some ladies buy/exchange products on here, but would YOU buy a gently used flat iron from Craigslist? Also, any feedback on the Solia would be great too! TIA

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/hab/1853048631.html

I sell/buy on CG...honestly its about inspecting before hand and dealing locally. Never commit before seeing/testing the product. If they hav nothing to hide that shouldn't be an issue.

I love CG...no shipping required and I bought 3pc oak bedroom set for $50 and an 8pc living room set for $275 from a rich fam who needed extra space...sweetness, pays to be perpetually broke...we def tend to scope out for the most amazing deals on luxuries we know we can't afford otherwise haha

And now I'm @ work making sure I make up for this splurge of mine...roommates owe me big time *scrunches face, leans on arm, drums fingers on computer desk*...sigh @ least my nails are strong enough to resist my current abuse...yay biotin.

I would buy it. Some people just need the money to pay bills or have any emergency.

I bought a flat screen (not flat panel) 61" TV for $260 on Craigslist. Just do the deal in an open popular area and plug it in if you need to.

Thanks ladies! I've been purchasing things on Craigslist for I don't know how many years lol. My concern was just with a hair tool, taking the chance of it really working. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks ladies! I've been purchasing things on Craigslist for I don't know how many years lol. My concern was just with a hair tool, taking the chance of it really working. Thanks for the feedback!

I hope everything works out, and be sure to inspect the corners of the iron plates...any small cracks or nicks create havok on the hair!

Honestly, $30 for a FHI is a pretty good deal. I would buy it as well. It's worth the price. Even if it only lasts for a year (and it better last at least a full year, lol!)

So I inspected it, made sure there no cracks or anything, heats up correctly, and it's in perfect condition! She told me it's still under warranty and how to go about sending it in to folica if their are any issues.

Can't wait to try it out...however I still have my crochets in, and it's too hot and humid to try to straighten my hair right now (I'm 1 year into my transition and I live in FL). So I'm thinking the end of next month or Sept, but didn't want to pass up a great deal! Will do a thread w/pics when I finally straighten. Thanks again for all the tips!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you sure do. I've been buying things off of there for years, and sold some things this summer too. I'm so glad I bought the flat iron!

Back