would this be OK?

Golong

Ths may be a newbie question but....Can I put qp mango butter on my scalp? I know the jar says apply to ends to seal moisture but, if its a moisturizer :cool: ........Just wondering

also, if not then what do you apply to your scalp for moisture? I learned my hairdoesn't like oils:ohwell: & my scalp needs constant moisture.

Thanks for your replys :)

Last edited:
Golong said:
Ths may be a newbie question but....Can I put qp mango butter on my scalp? I know the jar says apply to ends to seal moisture but, if its a moisturizer :cool: ........Just wondering

also, if not then what do you apply to your scalp for moisture? I learned my hairdoesn't like oils:ohwell: & my scalp needs constant moisture.

Hmm...I dunno. You could try it. One time I used some of my Garnier Length & Strength Conditioner on my scalp just for kicks. It felt really good and made my new growth really soft and easy to comb.

Golong,

because of the breakage you've been experiencing, i'd be very careful about putting products on my scalp right now.

you could create your own moisturizer with distilled water and a moisturizing conditioner (one that agrees with you now). As you go on, you can add a couple drops of different essential oils like rosemary, etc. only adding one at a time to make sure you don't worsen the problem. your homemade mixture would of course be very loose and thin enough to use in a spray bottle.

the potential problem i see with using mango butter is that it has a combo of ingredients in it and it extremely thick and could clog your pores or cause irritation if put directly on your scalp.

mango butter ingredients:

Purified water, squalane (olove oil derived), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut oil derived), peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium methosulfate, hexadecanol, cetearyl alcohol, ceterareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, Mango seed butter, cocoa seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance, fd&c yellow no.5.

it's totally up to you though but i couldn't bypass your post without at least saying something.

Golong said:

I've used it on new growth but not directly on the scalp. I also don't use a lot of it either because too much can make my hair feel like a brick.

If you're already having hair issues it may not be the thing you need as its really not meant to be used like a hair grease.

-A

I'm not gonna lie, last night my scalp was warm-n-tingly so I put some mango butter on my scalp & it was so cool and soothing.
But LynnieB your are right. I won't do that anymore. I didn't see the ingredence on the bottom of the jar. I took your advice and bought a spray bottle, distilled water and milk n honey suave conditioner and mixed it. After a clarifying, I sprayed that on my hair & the tingling stopped. SO refreshing.

What do you ladies use on your scalp if any?

P.s MissDee4 my hair resembles your pic in july '06...I'm off to read your regime :)

Back