Would I be wrong if I

felicia

brought in my own scissors for each of my trims? I want to start getting trims more regularly, but I'm worried about them using dull scissors. We all know that if you use dull scissors to cut your hair, it'll just end up making things worse. Do you think they'll get offended and chop off all of my hair :lol: ? I'll be going to the cheap places like supercuts.

felicia said:
brought in my own scissors for each of my trims? I want to start getting trims more regularly, but I'm worried about them using dull scissors. We all know that if you use dull scissors to cut your hair, it'll just end up making things worse. Do you think they'll get offended and chop off all of my hair :lol: ? I'll be going to the cheap places like supercuts.
Places that specialize in cutting hair should have great hair cutting scissors and not dull ones. Have you had a problem with such a salon having dull scissors?

Allandra said:
Places that specialize in cutting hair should have great hair cutting scissors and not dull ones. Have you had a problem with such a salon having dull scissors?

no, i'm just paranoid. :lol:

I don't know of any stylist that use others tools - especially scissors. I mean, I don't think they mind much if we bring our own products (*poo, condish, etc.), but tools might be another battle......

JLove74 said:
I don't know of any stylist that use others tools - especially scissors. I mean, I don't think they mind much if we bring our own products (*poo, condish, etc.), but tools might be another battle......
E x a c t l y.

I think that going to a place specializing in haircutting such as SuperCuts should pretty much put your mind at ease. Since they cut hair everyday, they cannot afford to work with dull shears.

I agree, especially if our products are tailored to our hair. My hair stylist prefers to use certain products on my hair, because they work better than others, so I bring them in because it makes it easier for him to work with my hair; but with scissors, that's another story.

I agree with the others plus you want them to cut with scissors that they are comfortable with. I don't know of any stylist that uses dull scissors and I would want them to be familiar with the tools they are going to use on my hair. Now if you see them break out with the elementary safety scissors I'm sure you know what to do. RUN:lachen:

I agree with the others plus you want them to cut with scissors that they are comfortable with. I don't know of any stylist that uses dull scissors and I would want them to be familiar with the tools they are going to use on my hair. Now if you see them break out with the elementary safety scissors I'm sure you know what to do. RUN:lachen:

:lachen::lachen:

I think that going to a place specializing in haircutting such as SuperCuts should pretty much put your mind at ease. Since they cut hair everyday, they cannot afford to work with dull shears.

Can a "licensed" stylists do that?

Balisi,

Congrats on working for yourself. My hairstylist (the one who does my trims) is in a solo salon...I love it! She doesn't double book. I am in and out in 1 hour and 15 minutes...lovely. As loong as I am here she will be my stylists. Oh yea, she actually "trims" too. :yep:

Back